The Weather Channel: Forecast
By The Weather Channel Interactive
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Weather Channel App for iPhone is your best option for accurate forecasts and timely local weather alerts. Make confident decisions this fall, whether you are planning for the day, the entire week or the next 15 days!
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Learn what the forecast is, whether hourly, daily, weekly, weekend or 15-day.
• Cognitive Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Hurricane Central: Monitor tropical storms and hurricanes and get safety and preparedness tips. When a tropical storm or hurricane forms, track it and stay safe with Hurricane Central.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future doppler radar.
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time National Weather Service notifications of severe weather including severe weather warnings about lightning, hail, flooding and severe storms.
PLAN YOUR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES WITH CONFIDENCE
• Need weather information to help plan for road trips, picnics, camping or hiking? – the app lets you track and read detailed weather information in multiple locations around the world.
• Dress, pack and plan appropriately – know the rain and wind forecasts, tides, sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon and even pollen counts!
• Get high-risk allergy alerts directly from the home screen, links to allergy insights, and a daily pollen outlook with our improved allergy tracker.
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE DETAILED WEATHER PROGRAMMING & FEATURES 24/7
• Watch our morning show “The Lift”: a 6-minute weather show that airs first on your app. Join Domenica Davis as she covers breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips first thing in the morning. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m. Great for people on the go!
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free
For those of you who want an ad-free version of our weather app, it is here! Our iOS app includes a $3.99 in-app purchase to remove all ads for 1 year. Simply go to the Settings menu in the app to complete the purchase.
WEATHER ALERT APPLE WATCH INTEGRATION
• Get precise weather updates, rain and lightning alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
To activate the new The Weather Channel watch face complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
What's New in Version 9.2
Now on iPhone and iPad!
• The world’s most downloaded weather app is now available on iPad. Get the same reliable and accurate forecast on a larger screen and in both Portrait and Landscape modes.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
I have had the same issues as other users. I used to enjoy the feature that automatically showed me the weather for my current location when I opened the app. Now it shows whichever location I was viewing last. I also liked the fact that you had to scroll all the way up in order to swipe to another favorite location. Now it swipes when I'm trying to look ahead at the upcoming weather predictions. I've also noticed that it is horribly delayed when it comes to swiping over to other locations. It takes it a few seconds and then the new location just appears instead of it actually sliding past like it used to. I've been getting more and more irritated with this app lately and I'm over it. I came here to download a different app to use from now on but wanted to leave a review so the developers can get their act together and other people don't waste their time...
A Train Wreck
The update today helped very slightly. Very. This my choice app for the weather but it's looking like it's gonna be deleted and I'll move on.
Weather Max was better. I too believe there's a difference in the information shown in this app versus what's on the website. And it's laggy, I've deleted it several times and reinstalled it only for it to be laggy again.
I have the paid version to remove advertisements and such, now I have an app that is annoying to say the least. I can't say what I really want to because my review would be taken down. Fix this train wreck back like it was before. This is my second review of this app, they keep getting worse. At this rate, I'll stop updating the stupid app and just delete it completely.
Dumbest Update Ever
I wish I could give ZERO STARS! Weather Channel is touting this as a “New Update With iPad Version” but all they’ve done is taken the iPhone version and plopped it onto an iPad screen - LEAVING MOST OF THE iPAD SCREEN UNUSED !!!
Where they could have taken advantage of the wonderfully done iPad Weather Channel App they had previously and updated it with Ad-Removal option, they didn’t! Instead, you are treated with the same “scroll down to see anything” User Interface (UI) that exists for the iPhone. For the iPhone, that method makes sense because of the screen size. For the iPad, it is ridiculous to use it!
BEST ADVICE - STICK WITH THE OLD iPad WEATHER CHANNEL App as it was clearly designed to run on an iPad screen. I don’t know who told these jokers that duplicating the iPhone UI on an iPad was “a good idea” - but whoever it was, they were DEAD WRONG 😡
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 09, 2017
- Version: 9.2
- Size: 141 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2017, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99