By Eric Tong
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Description in a capsule - "Tilt to move, shake to blast, shoot to kill - 2079"
8/10 SILVER AWARD - "Simple and refined, 2079 is the ideal portable top-down shooter." - PocketGamer.co.uk
4.5/5 - "Good graphics, innovative and great controls make this a fun game..." - 148apps.com
4/5 stars - "The controls are fantastic." - iPhone Games Network
"Besides the nicely polished retro feel to the game, it succeeds in the implementation of a very iPhone-centric control system." - toucharcade.com
4/5 stars - "I’ve found myself sneaking in a game of 2079 in spare moments because since downloading it and playing it just once, I love it." - gotapps.com
"Other developers could learn a lot from this game’s smart approaches to controls." - iLounge
How long can you survive? This is a perfect game for you if you like the adrenaline of raking up points while staying alive in this addictive game.
- Addictive survival mode with ramping difficulty
- Play your own MP3 in game!
- Intuitive controls customized for the iPhone
- Beautiful graphics and sound effects
- Background auto-calibration!
- Online leaderboard for bragging rights!
- OpenFeint enabled
- Fluid accelerometer controls will allow you to fly through the tightest threats
- Shake the iPhone in the last minute to launch a devastating blast that can save your life!
- A virtual controller specifically designed to allow you to control shooting direction independent of ship movement, thereby avoiding the pitfalls of having your fingers obscure the screen
- Powerups for extra lives help you move up the scoring rank and more!
Feedback and feature requests are always welcome.
KEYWORDS: 2D, 3D, action, addictive, arcade, awesome, bargain, best, blast, combat, control, classic, cube, easter egg, fast, fly, fun, gameplay, geometry wars, hardcore, innovative, intuitive, retro, score, shake, ship, shooter, smooth, space, tilt, thrust, top
What's New in Version 1.3.8
- 4.0 Compatibility (Multitasking)
- OpenFeint 2.4.10
Similar to Geometry Wars on the 360, only I think this is better ^^.
For those that have the app crashing every time they use it, restart your phone by holding the sleep button (topmost button on the device) for about 5 seconds, and then moving the red slider across the screen. Once your phone is turned off, hold the sleep button again for 5 seconds and wait until your phone boots up. Then, start the application and everything should work correctly.
This is a fun little game that is fun while at the same time tests your coordination and reflexes. I haven't played many overhead shooting type games on the iPod Touch, but this one sure is great. And the price can't be beaten.
Would be nice if the next version can have touch control like other games, but the tilt is well done! Quite addictive!