Wi-Finder helps you stay connected at more than 1 million hotspots worldwide, at locations including airports, hotels, restaurants, cafes and more.
Boingo is a Global Traveler Award Winner: Voted Best Wi-Fi Service — Eight Years and Counting!
Access to Boingo Hotspots with a Boingo Account
• You can connect to more than 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the world, including airports, hotels, coffee shops, stadiums, malls, inflight and more.
• Use it with a Boingo subscription (Unlimited, Mobile, Global, Amex Preferred Plan, Boingo Wi-Fi for Mastercard Cardholders), Boingo transactional plan (AsYouGo or Hourly) or buy an iOS subscription through Wi-Finder.
SUBSCRIBE USING THE ITUNES STORE
• “Boingo iOS Monthly” recurring subscriptions are available from the App Store.
• Enjoy unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on your iOS devices for just $9.99 per month.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged $9.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• To sign up, select Subscribe on the “Home” screen or go to “My Account” and select iTunes.
Wi-Fi Hotspot Maps
• Search for Wi-Fi near you or around the globe using the hotspot maps in Wi-Finder!
• In your device’s Wi-Fi settings, select a network from the list annotated with “Check for Boingo Wi-Fi”
• Launch the Wi-Finder app, and tap "Get Online Now!"
Terms and Conditions
• Boingo Customer Agreement: http://www.boingo.com/legal/end-user-license-agreement-boingo-customer-agreement/
• Boingo Wireless, Inc. Web Site Boingo Wi-Finder Support Application License Agreement
Improved performance and stability
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t use many WiFi connections when installed
Update to developer re fix: the problem is not that it doesn’t work when you try to connect thro the app. The problem is the iPhone will not connect to certain networks because the app is on the phone, but there is zero indication that this is anything to do with Boingo. No mention of it appears in the wi-fi connection screen. You just see a check mark next to network as though it’s trying to connect but you never get the WiFi 3 arcs in the top right; it never fully connects. How are people supposed to know to go to the boingo app to fix this in the first place?
I’ve had this app for 2 or 3 years and only just discovered it’s the cause of an inability to login to some networks. I see from other reviews now that it’s not just me. In many hotels I simply cannot log in to their networks, I get no indication that it’s because of the boingo app, instead it just hangs trying to connect with a check mark on the network but never actually getting any further. Only recently did I discover if I go into the app I can connect, but I had no idea the app was even something to consider, there was no indication I should be using it - I already was given free WiFi but the hotel.
Same thing has just happened now in another hotel chain, although in this case I need to set the app to ignore the network as it can’t connect to it.
So frustrating as there was no way to tell what was causing this for such a long time.
Developer Response ,
We realize how frustrating this must be. We are aware of the issue, and have a solution. We are here to help. If you receive an connection error; simply click the "ignore" button, select time frame, and the app will stop claiming the signal for that amount of time. If you need additional assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope this helps.
Worst app on the planet! Uninstall Wi-Finder!!
What a crap of an app. Worst ever. It never does anything useful ... you can find WiFi networks just fine under “Settings —> WiFi “. But it actually PREVENTS you from getting on WiFi networks! That’s right! I now had been at several hotels, couldn’t figure out, why I could not log on. The check mark next to the WiFi symbol was there, but my IPhone won’t connect to the WiFi network. I spent HOURS trying to find a solution, resetting all passwords ( painful! ), etc ... nothing worked. I tried all the tricks I could find. Until ... I noticed that it said “look for Boingo WiFi” under that check mark. I open that app, now it connects me ... but I have no idea whether it is using its own plan to pay for it, or the plan I already paid for at the hotel. I went ahead and tried to delete it ... it is not under “Boingo WiFi Finder” but under “Wi-Finder”. Deleted it now, and now, everything works like a charm. But those lost hours of my life ... I never get them back. What a stupid, crappy app.
Developer Response ,
Your concers are our concerns too. We are aware of the issue, and have a solution. We are here to help. If you receive an connection error; simply click the "ignore" button, select time frame, and the app will stop claiming the signal for that amount of time. If you need additional assistance, please email us at email@example.com. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope this helps.
Boingo breaks login pages
This has become a routine occurrence. I cannot log in to hotel landing pages. Boingo tried to make this sound like some sort of “one off” but it happens all over the place and disappears when you revive the app and the profile. I recommend removing this junk ware.
The developer has replied that they “have limited control over certain hotspots” and like in other cases are trying to portray this as some sort of one-off problem. But this is a widespread problem, it basically interferes with any network that uses a landing page. Hotels (Marriott, Starwood, Hilton etc.), airports, and other places all over the world for me, it’s a systematic and consistent problem across networks and devices and has been going on for a long time. They need to make their app compliant with international standards and either won’t or can’t. I’ve deleted their app and the problem has disappeared. I suggest anybody who is having this problem do the same. They lack the competence to understand and fix the problem.
Developer Response ,
We truly apologize for this experience. We want to help. Unfortunately we have limited control over certain hotspots. You can help us fix this by sending a “Report An Issue” through the app with as much information as possible. Please provide any additional details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the hotel, name of the network, time and date of the problem. This will help us reach out to them to get the network connection fixed. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Boingo Wireless, Inc.
- 84.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, French, Italian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Boingo Wireless, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Boingo iOS - Monthly $9.99
- Boingo iOS - Monthly $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.