By Affogato LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Strategery is a fast-paced game of world domination, designed and built from top to bottom for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Play against the computer or your friends in an epic battle of strategy and risk. It's an App Store oldie but a goodie (check out the reviews).
Macworld's 2009 App Gems Award winner for Best Strategy Game
"There is no game I play on my iPhone more than Strategery"
- Lex Friedman
"Strategery offers depth that can—and will—claim hours of your time."
"My latest iPhone gaming habit is Strategery"
- Slate Magazine
"Lots of fun and the gameplay has a great feel."
- Daring Fireball
• Challenging game of offensive and defensive strategy
• Play for a couple minutes or a couple hours (it's pretty addictive)
• Four difficulty settings, ranging from "Easy" (for the strategically impaired) to "Brutal" (risk being humiliated)
• Online battles with push notifications and random matchmaking!
• Pass-and-play multiplayer (up to 5 players)
• Automatically saves your game to resume later
• Randomly generated maps (four sizes) make every game a unique challenge
• TONS of gameplay options to tailor the game to your preferences
What's New in Version 3.7.0
• Strategery now requires iOS 7 or newer
• Added support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ screen sizes
• Added emoji support for multiplayer chat
• Fixed iOS 7 and 8 menu display issues
• Bug fixes
Finally, the bottom of the barrel...
I'm not sure what insanity makes people play dice games, aside from the compulsion to lose. Now this game may be wonderful as a multiplayer game. You could even play all of the countries yourself in single player mode, but you will still be doing nothing but watch the computer go through its dice algorithm, which is about as close to real dice as fleas are to a piano. And this is simply a stupid game. Or, if you prefer, lame. My apologies to all of the app's creators who probably spent hours coming up with glowing reviews.
PS: tried playing three humans against two CPU. Attacked an underarmed CPU with three full armies. Lost all three, zip, zip, zip. Next turn this same country (still underarmed) went through my full armies like a knife through cheese. In this day and age this is inexcusable unless the programmers never went to school.
YES! An Update!
This gem of a game from an Indie shop of developments has been, hands down, the most used ( non-email, non-browser) app on my iOS devices, going back to the iPhone 3. I was afraid the developers had given up on updates, so it was like finding a big ole Easter egg to fire up the App Store and see an update. By far the best multiplayer strategy game out there.
(And for the record, not stranding your armies is part of the strategy, not a game shortcoming. Ditto for making the most of not going first).
Still playing this after more than 5 years! Greatest app of all-time! If you're still interested in creating even more updates than this month's, it would be amazing to be able to propose, accept and reject alliances with the AI when one color is beginning to take over, and the remaining opponents would benefit by banding together. Thank you for this great game!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 19, 2015
- Version: 3.7.0
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Affogato LLC
- © 2015 Affogato LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.