Age of Curling
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"Age of Curling is the best curling app for the iPhone. If you’re a fan of curling you’ll love this game" - iphoneincanada.ca
*** For a video visit the BLACKISH link below! ***
Age of Curling brings the world-famous sport to your iPhone! Throw, curl and sweep in gorgeous realtime 3D graphics using intuitive touch controls.
Age of Curling takes you through different epochs and places. Venues range from an 18th century castle moat to a modern stadium. No matter if you play a quick game or a full match, strategic challenges and competitive fun are guaranteed!
• Play against the computer!
• Player -vs- Player
• Play Tournaments with up to 8 Nations! (New!)
• 5 Venues
• Superb realtime 3D graphics
• Realtime physics (Improved!)
• Realistic collision sounds (New!)
• Intuitive touch-controls
• AutoSaves at the beginning of each round
• InGame-Guide explaining rules and controls
The basic rules of Curling:
• get your stones closer to the center than the closest stone of the opponent
• only stones inside the "house" (the circles) count at the end of a round
• only the team with the stone closest to the center scores
• 1 point for each stone that is closer to the center than the closest stone of the opponent
What's New in Version 1.6.0
• Added a new venue: Orangeville Curling Club (As chosen by the winner of the Norwegian Pants Contest!)
Good game, needs work
After playing this and the other most highly priced curling game app, I can say that this game is probably tied for being the best curling game. Age of curling has the best ambience for sure, and its physics of rock play are equal to those of curling 3D. However, age of curling's competitor has better options to judge stones in play and more realistic angles. In Age of curling, stones do not travel a straight line trajectory when released as they should--they move out from the center and then run parallel to the center line until they curl, if there is a turn on the stone. I really enjoy the different venues and overall design, but I cannot give any curling game a higher rating until it succeeds in more accurately simulating the complicated physics of the real sport.
The curling app to get
If you’re looking for a serious curling game app, this is the one to get. They seemed to have gotten the physics just right. It would be cool if there was some animation or sound to go along with the sweeping. As it is, you’re just wiping your grubby finger back and forth on the screen. Also, there are a few little bugs you can take advantage of as far as the AI's decision-making goes.
Lacks retina display
Considering all the love and labor that the developer has obviously put into creating this game, it’s perplexing why he/she hasn’t taken the time to upgrade it for retina display. The screen is blurry, which detracts from what is otherwise an excellent gaming experience. If retina display is ever added, I will happily raise my rating to five stars.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 12, 2010
- Version: 1.6.0
- Size: 22.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Markus Hofer
- © 2008 Markus Hofer
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.