By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Crystal Defenders is a defensive strategy game in which players deploy popular jobs from FINAL FANTASY Tactics A2, such as Black Mages and Soldiers, to fend off encroaching enemy hordes and prevent them from stealing their party's crystals. Players can enjoy 360 stages of action in one of three different game versions: W1, W2, and W3. In W1, players can learn game basics. In W2, the introduction of Power Crystals opens up new doors, allowing for deeper, more detailed strategies. Finally, the complex maps in W3 will challenge even the most seasoned players.
◆Game Objectives & Features:
- Deploy units on the area map to protect crystal reserves from encroaching monster hordes.
- Monsters will enter an area and march through it until they are defeated or reach an exit, at which time they will steal one or more crystals.
- Simple touch panel-driven controls and up-tempo play make Crystal Defenders easily accessible whether at home or on the go.
- Innovative level design allows for high replayability.
- Listen to your own music library while playing.
For more information, visit:
What's New in Version 3.0.3
The following changes have been made:
- iPhone 4S and iPad 2 resolutions are now supported.
* As part of the adjustments to resolution, original mode (vertical alignment) has been removed.
- Transferring replay data to a different model device no longer results in data corruption.
- Deploying a large number of characters no longer causes the game to crash.
- Several other minor bugs have been addressed.
Fun! But gets old fast...
A challenging, fun tower defense game at first, but much like any other tower defense game, it gets repetitive fast. The presentation is excellent, with the cute memorable graphics from the Tactics Advanced games that we all loved and the stylized art that sets it apart from other final fantasies. Unfortunately, the additional content in W2 and W3 is subpar, as the new mechanics introduced in them did not really add fun to the strategizing. It was more of a nuisance to figure out how to properly use them. I was very disappointed with the map design, both with the visuals AND the functionality. They lacked any sort of creativity; they were just slight tweaks of the maps from the levels before with different clichéd themes. Another big issue: the strategy is VERY strict. If placement of units are not optimal, you will lose. If you upgrade all your characters too fast, you will lose. This can make the game even less fun as there's not many strategies you can use, and the replay value becomes close to none. Very fun for the first few hours, but the cost of the game doesn't really make up for the amount of fun you have. Perhaps I'll dig this one up in a year or so and relive the fun again... For a few hours.
It was total my fault for buying this game I did not check the up the last updated for this app ..this game is so good I played it on the Xbox 360 in the past wasted a lot of hours and when I saw it on the App Store i told myself I gotta get it and just click the button without noticing that they haven't updated the game since 2013 ......unbelievable .....what a waste of my money the screen just turns white when you start playing the wave in any level ... I have iphone6s plus ... Shame good game gone to waste
Fun but ...
I like this game a lot. It's really challenging but that's not really a bad thing. Love the final fantasy graphic style and music. My problem now is that the screen goes blank when I load a level up. Probably due to the latest iOS update or possible me upgrading to a 6S+. It's kinda annoying that square menus charges premium prices for all their games but doesn't fix problems like this. I'd really like to play this again and I'll give it a better review once I am able to.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 30, 2013
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 67.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- © 2008 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. ALL Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.