Top of the mornin to ya! This be Speakin Irish, a grand application that will have you soundin just like a lad or lass with an Irish accent. Type a message and translate it, then share your translation with all of your friends. Regardless of how many pints of Guinness you've had at the pub, this app is fun and easy to use.
- Satisfy your curiosity about Irish slang and how Irishmen and women speak
- Improve on your accents and dialect for acting
- Have some fun while killing time with this unique application
- Amuse your friends
- Share your translations with your friends instantly through E-mail, SMS (text message), Facebook, or your own messaging application
- A great pocket application to take with you when you travel and use it as a dictionary or reference
- Speakin Apps - Collect Them All -
The Speakin Apps will give you a wide variety of options to choose from when sharing fun and unique messages with your friends!
- Speakin Aussie
- Speakin British
- Speakin Gangsta
- Speakin Irish
- Speakin Jamaican
- Speakin Leet
- Speakin Pirate
- Speakin Redneck
- Speakin Scottish
- Speakin Swedish Chef
- One of many updates to come
Ratings and Reviews
How is this app useful?
This app is not going to help you learn to speak with an Irish accent. There’s no audio. All there is is two text boxes: input and translation. Not at all helpful.
Description is totally misleading
What a rip-off. Here's how the developer describes his app: "Improve on your ACCENTS and DIALECT for acting," and "Satisfy your curiosity about Irish slang and how Irishmen and women SPEAK." How the heck can you do that when this app doesn't come with any sound? You can't READ an ACCENT--or get any sense of the way people SPEAK by READing the words and not hearing them. The description in the App Store should say 'satisfy your curiosity about the way the Irish WRITE'--because all this app does is give you a written translation of whatever phrase you type in. That wouldn't be so bad if that's the way the app was described--but it wasn't. And, I really feel cheated. I wish I could get my money back for false representation. I don't know where these good reviews are coming from.
Don't waste your money!!
Inaccurate. Only changes a few words and none of them are translated properly.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.