Kobo Reading App – Read Books and Magazines
By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Millions of readers love Kobo! Join them today and enjoy over 5 million titles at your fingertips. Read them conveniently on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
The Kobo Reading App has the best features for a comfortable and convenient reading experience:
• Customize the way you read. Enjoy crisp, clear text and adjust to the size and style you prefer. Try Night Mode to make reading easier on your eyes before bedtime; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Experience the rich, colourful environment of the world's best magazines.** Our exclusive Guided Reading feature lets you breeze through articles for an uninterrupted read.
• Get free previews for thousands of eBooks to help you find your next great read.
• Pick up right where you left off and never lose your spot. The Kobo Reading App will automatically sync your bookmarks, notes and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Share your love for reading on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Post your favourite quotes, notes, and thoughts from the eBooks you’re reading.
• Rate and review the books you’ve read or read reviews from booklovers like you!
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese or Japanese.
**Magazines available in US, Canada, UK, Italy and France
What's New in Version 8.1.7
• Some users are reporting problems opening or downloading books, or seeing a notification spinner that won't go away. We've introduced fixes for these issues. If these problems persist, please contact Kobo Customer Care at kobo.com/help.
• We heard your feedback, and we've restored our original highlight colors.
• We've solved an issue where the app wouldn't open after upgrading from a previous version.
New Look, Same Kobo
As a part of the Rakuten Group of companies, empowering people through online services, Kobo has a fresh new look.
Our passion remains the same: to deliver the best eReading experience to those who love to read.
Here's what's also new in our latest release for iOS:
• Your Library's now easier to navigate: filter your books to see opened, unread, finished, or downloaded items, or previews. You'll find these options at the top of your Books page.
• If you find a book doesn't display properly on your screen, try our new Report a Problem option. Tap the middle of the screen while reading to find this option in the toolbar.
• We've also fixed various issues found on iOS 10, including problems changing font sizes on iPads, as well as other bugs.
• We've included some enhancements to our comic book viewer, such as the option to see one page in portrait mode, and resolved a problem maintaining the zoom level while turning pages.
Kobo App on my iPhone
First of all- I love Kobo and have a Kobo Glo e-reader too. 😘
I just read that some problems with the App may really be problems between iPhone and the Kobo App..which makes sense.
Just to report on the App itself as per my own experience, I have some real difficulties.
The most important is that I can't close and set as finished an e-book- not in any of the three supposed ways listed on the App!
Also while much less troublesome than years past, I too notice that occasionally the book I tap- is not what opens..and I mean even when I try *very* carefully.
Some other parts of the App are dysfunctional too, such as the section entitled "Manage Downloads".
I have a great many Kobo e-books-yet only about 6-7 are listed here and I can't seem to do anything with them anyway, except perhaps delete them.
Secondly, I've read on the App several times, that we should be able to sync what we're reading from our Kobo E-readers, to Kobo on our desktops, to our Kobo Apps and back exactly- so whatever page we are on in an e-book- will open exactly the same for us on whichever device we choose at a given time.
However, at least on this particular update, so far, this piece of the App doesn't work for me.
I still love that I have the Kobo App, and I use it.
I liked the old "themes" and I like the new ones.
It would be *great* though, if it worked fully in all the stated ways.
The Kobo reader on my iPad Mini works just great! Kobo has some of the same books as the other popular readers, but does a very good job publishing first-time or little-known authors. That makes it attractive to me because I like "discovering" new authors, and have found several outstanding books on Kobo that I may have never have found elsewhere. :) I just purchased a new iPad and this works as great as my iPad Mini! I am looking for a Kobo Mini as soon as I can. I'm sure the Kobo Mini will be as great as the Kobo apps.
I Use It Daily on iPhone
Kobo has become my go-to reading app on my iPhone, over Nook and Kindle. It's straight forward, has nice layout options and doesn't use a lot of dataspace. I like coming across other readers' comments, which happens occasionally. The limitations of the app are not Kobo's but Apple's fault - inability to purchase, and automatically deleting books when available memory is low. I do wish that last one would end.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Dec 22, 2016
- Version: 8.1.7
- Size: 141 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Kobo Inc.
- © 2016 Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.