Kobo Reading App – Read Books and Magazines
By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Kobo, you can read on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch anywhere, anytime.
Visit Kobo and browse more than 3.5 million free and affordable titles in the Kobo Store, including bestsellers, award winners, new releases, classics, and hidden gems. All your books sync right to the app.
With Kobo’s reading app, you’re able to:
• Pick up right where you left off. We sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Experience the rich, colorful environment of the world's best magazines.* Our exclusive Guided Reading feature lets you breeze through articles for an uninterrupted read. You can seamlessly navigate through the article all with a simple tap.
• Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text, in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
• Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. Earn fun and surprising awards, track how long it takes to read a book, and much more.
• Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
• Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
• Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews with friends. Like and comment on books your friends post to Facebook.
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Japanese.
* Magazines available in US and Canada only
What's New in Version 7.6.1
Bug fixes and general improvements.
Horrible support only works on their devices!
I first bought an ereader that only allow ewes access to Kobo. Within in a month of purchase Kobo quit supporting the device. I got an iPad and Kobo doesn't support iOS. Trying to get support is a nightmare. My library starts to download to my iPad and only downloads a small section on the books and quits. If you are willing to buy their readers which means you can only buy books from them it works fine until you have an issue withe the device, then they weasel out of supporting their products.
There are a lot better ways to read digital books and magazines. It may appear to be inexpensive at first but not over the long run and you are locked into a monopoly.
They have made some improvements but I still have to reload my library too often.
It is my favorite with just a few flaws
I like supporting the local bookstore and It is easy to use. I like being able to put books in defined folders. I wish that I could copy and past foreign words or phrases to a translator or characters names to a list I keep in PlainText. Most readers have that problem though. Another flaw is that it brings up a brightness control bar if I try a multi finger swipe. A careful swipe avoids that. Getting rid of the unwanted control bar just requires closing the app and reopening which is easy. It would be nice if it had folder for books I have not read that I could go to in the edit mode. My All Books folder is getting big enough to be inconvenient.
When you immediately touch the screen it automatically changes the page when sometime you just touch it so the screen doesn't turn off, it should have the option of continuos page. And u can't read many of the books, most of the time there's just short previews.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 07, 2015
- Version: 7.6.1
- Size: 50.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Kobo Inc.
- © 2013 Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.