Colloquy - IRC Client
By Colloquy Project
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Colloquy for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch puts the power of the most popular IRC client for the Mac in the palm of your hand. Built atop the Chat Core framework, Colloquy Mobile is a full featured client optimized for the on-the-go experience with iOS multitasking support.
• Support for retina devices, including iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Pro.
• Support for iOS multitasking with local notifications and split-screen support.
• Push notifications when using a compatible push bouncer.
• Convenient nickname and emoticon completion popups.
• Support for all the common IRC commands with completion.
• Organized Colloquies view that shows all your conversations and rooms at a glance.
• Highlights messages (and optionally vibrates) when your specific words or nickname is mentioned.
• Highly customizable interface and behavior settings within the Settings application.
• Visual display of user information (WHOIS) for any user.
• Full support for landscape mode in the entire application.
• Stays connected while iPhone is locked and when SMS alerts appear.
• Searchable room member list.
• Support for SASL authentication (required when connecting to Freenode over the cell network.)
• A console for every connection.
• Support for ignoring annoying users.
• Multiple message styles to choose from.
• Fully compatible with mIRC colors and formatting.
• Large selection of graphical emoticons.
• Allows you to join multiple chat rooms across many different servers.
• Automatic identification with network services (NickServ).
• Notification of common server errors as easy to understand alerts.
• Automatically join rooms and send commands upon connect.
• Solid support for secure connections over SSL and TLS.
• Full support for room and connection text encodings.
• Full IRCv3 compatibility, including the IRCv3.2 standard.
• Open minded and Open Source, like it should be.
We can't provide support here to people leaving reviews, as much as we want to. We also can't discuss feature requests, since there is no way to reply to you here. If you have a problem or suggestion, please visit us in #colloquy-mobile on irc.freenode.net, click the support link below, or email us at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 1.8.10
Fixes an issue causing private messages to be ungrouped
Changes in 1.8.9:
- Allow link interactions when editing the chat room topic
- iPad: Better split-screen behavior when the keyboard is in use by other apps
Fixes in 1.8.9:
- Fix a crash when presenting members list after the first time
- Fix accessibility labels for info/clear button next to the chat input view
Full of bugs
This mobile version of Colloquy is very different from the desktop version. This mobile version is barely usable. Below is a list of bugs I frequently encounter each time I use it.
• Display bug where console window bar will be drawn as a duplicate channel window bar. Clicking on a bar to reopen and return seems to force it to redraw properly
• Display bug where duplicate user names are listed in channel
• Bug that prevents private messaging a user in channel - app believes user is offline when they are clearly online.
• Bug that prevents a whois on a user that has joined a channel if selected from chat window - app believes user is offline, however console displays whois info just fine. Workaround is to select user from user listing instead of chat window.
• Bug that draws first two or three lines in a private conversation above visible space. Must swipe pull down private chat window to read. Even the preview next to user name bar does not properly display the text hidden above
• Random bug where message and channel bars become locked and are unselectable. A workaround is to “open a console” to unlock this condition, this works even if console window is already open
At its current state, I cannot recommend this app - save your money. There are likely other IRC apps that work better than this.
Sadly the best IRC Client for IOS
All the rest are all too ugly for me to stomach. Yes this app has a few bugs like the typeface slightly overlaps the input box with the bigger font enabled, and why cant the client stay awake while opened? I understand apple's security don't let apps run longer than 2 minutes when opened in the background for good reason, but there is no setting to keep the client to stay awake! This would be nice for getting food and coffee etc. Too bad the dev seemed to stop development on this app since the beginning of 2016. Nevertheless I am glad it still works on my iPhone 7.
Still buggy as usual...
In addition to the bugs others have listed...
The ctcp version reply is outdated. It should show iOS instead of iPhone OS and it would be nice if it showed the device name and CPU speed as the desktop counterpart does.
The timeout timer should be increased to way more than 10 minutes on iPads. iPads don't have as critical battery life issues as a phone would.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 21, 2016
- Version: 1.8.10
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian
- Seller: Jane Lee
- © 2008-2016 Colloquy Project
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.