By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app is optimized for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
• Email PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
• Customize your reading experience by choosing the margin size, background color, font size, and either portrait or landscape format.
• Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Tap and hold a word to view the definition.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
• Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages.
• Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin.
What's New in Version 4.8.1
Performance and Stability Improvements
Dictionary font too light, impossible to read!
I was hoping to change my review and give more stars… but the problem is still there.
Don’t you care for your customer experience?!
Kindle app is great till you don't need to use the dictionary. The font is incredibly light, impossible to read. Please Amazon fix it, it must be a typo in coding. I can't buy any more books because of that.
Excellent Reading App!
Ignore negative comments here!
This App is as good or better than Apple's own.
The reader is infinitely adjustable (brightness + contrast included).
One difference that I like here is that you can post quotes to Twitter & Facebook directly from the book which you cannot do in the Apple reader.
There is also expanded definitions in multiple windows that pop up when you touch particular words. Also you can hear the word spoken if you want.
I bit clunky
I find the app a little on the clunky side to use.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 15, 2015
- Version: 4.8.1
- Size: 77.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.