By Arash Payan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Jabeh Free is the no cost version of the incredibly successful game Jabeh. Download Jabeh Free now and play 50 puzzles for free with more to come in the future!
"The game is really fun and... I hate to put the word addicting in a review... but it is addicting." ---appVersity.com
"The application is slick in all areas and you will easily spend hours trying to solve so many puzzles." ---148apps
"I would highly recommend this game... I found myself enjoying it quite a bit." ---iphoneappdaily.com
Engage your mind with the most addictive logic puzzle for iPhone and iPod Touch. In this mix of Sudoku and Minesweeper (based on Shinro), you exercise your deductive skills to find the hidden stones in each puzzle, while enjoying Jabeh's original soundtrack and art.
HOW TO PLAY
• The Jabeh board has 12 hidden stones that you need to find.
• Arrows on the board point in the direction of one or more stones.
• Column numbers show how many stones are in that column.
• Row numbers show how many stones are in that row.
• By crossing out the boxes on the board, you can determine which remaining boxes contain the hidden stones. Find all 12 stones, and you've completed the puzzle!
• Every single puzzle can be solved using logic. You'll never have to spoil the fun by guessing.
• A stunning user interface to please the eye of any gamer.
• Original artwork decorates each of the 9 different board styles. Watch as the art comes into full view each time you solve a puzzle.
• 10 entrancing musical themes play while you solve puzzle after addictive puzzle.
• Swipe and tap the Jabeh board to cross out boxes and mark stones around the board.
• Download the soundtrack for free from http://jabeh.org
• Swipe your finger across a series of boxes to cross them out or
• Tap once on a single box to cross it out
• Tap once again to mark it as a stone
• Tap once more to clear it
FULL VERSION FEATURES
• View your statistics, then play more puzzles to improve your time and rank.
• Automatically checks for new puzzles every time you start the game!
• Currently over 150 puzzles, and Jabeh checks for new puzzles to download automatically at launch. (Jabeh Lite only contains 7 puzzles)
• See how many puzzles are currently available in the full game at the @jabeh twitter page, http://twitter.com/jabeh
• Programming: Arash Payan
• User Interface: Louis Harboe
• Artwork: Behnoush McKay
• Music: Nick Jenei
What's New in Version 1.5
+ Jabeh Lite is now Jabeh Free! Now you can play 50 puzzles from the original Jabeh and even track your progress in app.
Tell your friends about the new Jabeh Free!
Agree with others...
...Great game. Solid game play. Easy input.
•An undo feature would be a great addition vs clearing entire board (can be hard to remember where left off if game interrupted by a call!)
•Since an entire row can be blocked out by swiping, being able to clear the same blocks in the row by swiping would also be helpful vs having to tap each individual box twice to clear it.
Would LOVE to buy full version, but not at $4.99. The puzzles are repeated so often in free version (I play it a LOT & have played same puzzle numerous times yet have not played 50 different puzzles!), no guarantee same wouldn't be true in paid version. $4.99 is a LOT to pay for any app, let alone a puzzle app like this, and one risking potentially playing same puzzles over again too. Other reviewer is right..,you'll make MORE $ if 10 people buy it at $1.99 (which is a fair price for it) vs 2 buying it at $4.99 (which is also a correct ratio!).
Now with ads
The iPhone screen shots for version 1.5 omit the new ads. Some ads use muted colors and are acceptable. Others have glaring white backgrounds that are inappropriate for use with the aesthetically pleasing Jabeh color scheme.
The additional levels are appreciated.
Fun game but beware...
....of the full version. The developer hasn't issued an update for it since August 2009. Check for yourself. No retina, no gamecenter, no 4" screen, no UI improvements (that every reviewer is asking for). It's abandon-ware, people. Buy at your own risk.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 25, 2011
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Arash Payan
- © 2011 Arash Payan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.