Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, supercharged with a ton of new features and new ways to stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Messaging made awesome: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Great for groups: Add your favorite people and start chatting. Use groups to plan together, play together, for staying in touch or just for hanging out.
• Call everyone - Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* video and voice calls make it easier to stay connected with friends and family. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations.
• Share Highlights: Keep others updated with Highlights from your day. React to any highlights with awesome emoticons or send a private message about that highlight. Your highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
What's New in Version 8.10.1
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Fixed a sign in issue that some people were experiencing.
- Manage multiple Skype calls.
- General performance and reliability improvements.
Wow, the new update is spectacularly, unbelievably terrible
I opened Skype for the first time in a while to get on an important business conference call while traveling. Had to wade through a bunch of stupidly cheery messages about “fun” themes and features. The interface is now full of icons that don’t make any sense and disastrously cluttered with the aforementioned useless “fun” features. Awful, awful UI! It took me five minutes just to figure out where I could type to look up and call a new Skype contact. Once in the call, it became clear that the app has removed the number pad — it’s now impossible to enter an extension. Another ten minutes of frantically swiping around trying to get a menu up that could help me, and even googling “how to dial an extension on new Skype iOS app” — nothing. It’s so stupidly easy to share photos while on a call (who needs to do that?) that it would be easy to do it by mistake, but dial the extension to get into my call? Nope. I don’t have a single Skype call that doesn’t require this functionality, so it looks like its time to delete this awful app — I’ll leave it to the 12-year-olds it was clearly designed for — and start looking for another service that allows me to make the international calls I need to make from my cell phone. What a shame.
My husband travels a lot so we Skype everyday. Works great but sometimes I hear myself. It happens mostly when he Skypes me from his office. He has me on his computer monitor so I'm not sure if it's his speakers or the app. I'm betting his speakers because I never have that issue when we Skype phone to phone.
Layout needs improvement, iPhone X Support
Seems as though I have to do more scrolling and swiping to navigate this app. Please streamline it so we dont have to navigate so much, like keeping chatting and calling features on the same screen. Also, still waiting for the iOS update that optimizes for the iPhone X screen. Once this is done I’ll up my rating to at least a 4.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 15, 2017
- Version: 8.10.1
- Size: 108 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99