Proloquo2Go - Symbol-based AAC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Proloquo2Go is an award-winning symbol-supported communication app providing a voice to over 150,000 individuals who cannot speak. It is designed to promote growth of communication skills and foster language development through research-based vocabularies. Its innovative features provide support for parents, teachers and therapists to implement AAC best practices.
“Users can open Proloquo2Go and begin to use it for effective communication immediately.” – Susan Berkowitz, MS-SLP, AAC Consultant.
Proloquo2Go is one of the few AAC apps that covers all users, from beginning to advanced communicators, while catering for a wide range of fine-motor, visual and cognitive skills.
The research-based Crescendo™ vocabulary offers three vocabulary levels in 23 different grid sizes. Users can easily transition as language skills expand while customizations are retained. Core words appear in the same location across folders to support learning through motor planning. Proloquo2Go and the Crescendo™ vocabulary are available in English and Spanish, with support for bilingual use you can instantly switch between languages at any time.
In addition to the built-in Crescendo core word vocabulary, Proloquo2Go now offers Gateway to Language & Learning© through an in-app purchase.
• Choose from 3 vocabulary levels and 23 grid sizes ranging from 9 to 144 buttons on the screen
• Access 4,750 unique words out of the box and another 7,250 pre-categorized words in storage
• Select your vocabulary language: English (American, British or Australian) and/or Spanish (North American or Castilian)
• Use VocaPriority™ to quickly customize to user interest without deleting or creating buttons
• Pick from over 20,000 SymbolStix symbols or use your photos
• Create and move buttons, modify appearance (color, font, border, etc.) and adjust spacing
• Transition with minimal re-customization between vocabulary levels as the user’s skills grow
• Support learning through motor planning with consistently located core words
• Benefit from configurable English and Spanish grammar support for nouns, pronouns, verbs and adjectives
• Create consistent activities using activity templates pre-designed for 23 grid sizes
• Configure Message Window and buttons with symbols and text or text-only
• Use the configurable PolyPredix™ word prediction in Typing View
• Share messages through Mail, Messages, Twitter, Facebook and copy/paste
• Make quick choices using Popups
• Configure to Auto-Close popups after making a selection
• Simplify navigation with automatic Snapback to Home or Previous
• Download over 45 free natural-sounding TTS voices, including 10 genuine children’s voices and 3 bilingual English-Spanish voices
• Use a personal voice, created with Acapela Group’s my-own-voice project
• Enjoy ExpressivePower™ with prerecorded expressions and sounds
• Use Hold Duration and Select on Release to compensate motor challenges
• Access with a switch using built-in configurable (auditory) scanning
• Use with Apple’s Switch Control and VoiceOver
Classroom and therapy support
• Start simple and expand vocabulary as needed with minimal effort
• Customize vocabulary and settings per student with multi-user support
• Share folders between users and devices
Apple Watch app
• Use Apple Watch as a single switch for Proloquo2Go on the iPhone
• Use Apple Watch as a communication tool with customizable phrases and a sentence builder
• Contact our support team 24/7 by email or Facebook
• Learn using in-app help, online e-learning videos, or downloadable manual and tutorials
• Connect with peers on our private Facebook groups
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/proloquo2go
Discounts are available through Apple’s educational Volume Purchase Program.
What's New in Version 4.3
Proloquo2Go 4.3 adds several exciting new features:
- Gateway to Language & Learning© core word vocabulary
- Fitzgerald Key and custom color coding
- Usability enhancements
Gateway to Language & Learning© core word vocabulary
Gateway to Language & Learning© is a popular core word vocabulary first developed in 1997 by Joan Bruno, Ph.D., CCC-SLP. Gateway for Proloquo2Go is the most comprehensive Gateway available, with 14 additional grids sizes and one new vocabulary set (Child Functional, for Autism Spectrum Disorders). You’ll also benefit from Proloquo2Go’s powerful access options and the ability to easily transition from one vocabulary set to the next without having to copy buttons between users. Gateway is available through an in-app purchase.
Fitzgerald Key and custom color coding
Proloquo2Go already offered automatic color coding of button borders and button backgrounds based on the modified Fitzgerald Key. Now you can additionally use the classic Fitzgerald Key or even define your own custom color coding scheme.
Several improvements have been made to the design and flow of the Startup Wizard. It is now easier to select your language and voice based on your region. Setting up two languages is even easier for bilingual users. A cleaner, more minimal design makes selecting an orientation and grid size more intuitive.
Version 4.3 also includes a few minor accessibility and voice quality fixes.
Need expandable text box
Proloquo2Go is invaluable to me, as I am a Disability Rights Advocate and Public Speaker and use your app to deliver my speeches.
The one comment I would like to suggest is to make the text box (the one where the user types in their message) expandable. I use a word processor app to type my speech, then I copy and paste it into Proloquo2Go.
The issue is once I listen to my speech (before I deliver it), should it need editing, I am forced to go back to the word processing app, edit it there, then copy and paste it once again in Proloquo2Go. I may repeat this process a few times, until I get my speech the way I want it.
If the said text box was expandable and vertically scrollable, as many text boxes are on websites, I could do my edits there instead of having to switch back and forth between apps. Depending on the length of my speech, I could possibly type the speech directly into Proloquo2Go.
I understand that the way that your app currently is, I could edit my speech directly if I used an external keyboard which has left and right arrow buttons, however I normally use an iPad to type my data, and an external keyboard is usually not available. An external keyboard is also an additional cost which many individuals with disabilities cannot afford, thus reworking your text box to make it expandable and vertically scrollable would be the solution to this issue.
Best AAC App Ever!
This app is the only truly accessible AAC app for low vision and hard of hearing! Many customization options, parental restrictions, backup and sync options and the best manual & help videos imaginable. You can find the answers to all of your questions on the website. I love that this app will grow/adapt for my son's language development!
P2G has helped my daughter continued to be movitated to communicate. With her limited verbal ability it has helped her to better explain what she is trying to say if we or others don't understand her. Tech support for P2G is also excellent! One helpful note about back-ups - do them and use DropBox!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 08, 2016
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 453 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: AssistiveWare B.V.
- © 2008-2016 AssistiveWare
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Gateway to Language & Learning©$149.99