By FlipSide5, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: Issue with undo sometimes not working. Fixed in update coming soon.
The best graphics and the most fully functional Checkers in the App Store. Not just the best Checkers, but the best board game in the App Store.
“Flipside 5 has an uncanny ability to take traditional games, add fantastic graphics, make excellent use of the touch screen and accelerometer, and end up with great games that are a whole lot of fun to play.”
• 1-person play against 5 different computer opponents
• 2-person play on one iPhone or iPod Touch
• peer-to-peer play over bluetooth or WiFi
• online play over the Internet vs. a random player (via WiFi, EDGE or 3G)
• online play over the Internet against your AIM buddies
• iPhone OS 3.0 Push Notifications
• Standard Play (forced jumps)
• Casual Play (non-forced jumps)
• Player Ratings based on an Elo Rating System
• Records kept of wins and losses
• Online Rating Leader Board
• Online Play Frequency Leader Board - Play More!
• Players can request a tie, if both agree
• The Moderator may award the win if you're ahead and ask
• You can concede if you don't think you can win
• Did you miss the last move? Tap "replay".
• Are you playing 1-person? Undo your moves and try something else.
Some blokes call this English Draughts.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
Please, Improve This Game! It has Potential!
Pros: *You can play over the internet with other players and the program keeps a rating system. *You can select pre-written messages to send to other players. Cons: *The Most difficult level when playing against the computer is not very difficult. *You can't select to play against a player with a specific rating. When you press play, the program randomly selects someone for you to play with, most of the time you will find yourself playing against someone with a lower rating than yourself or someone with a slightly higher rating. *You can't save a player you just randomly played with to a buddy list so that you can avenge your lost later when he/she is online. Things that can be improved on: *I would allow you to choose a difficulty level and based on that difficulty level I will have the computer generate a live player with the desired rating you can play against. *I would have an option to turn chatting on/off and free form typing instead of preset messages. (Perhaps you can make your own preselected Messages) *When playing against the computer the computer should not take so long to make a move! *It would be nice if there were an option to watch players with High Ratings Play! *Many times a player will have the game lost and the game will not allow you to force the win. Overall the game is good but it does not offer much more than the Free Version.
Great game for online play.
FS5 has done a great job with checkers. I am away from my 7 year old son a lot, but with this we are able to play checkers online together. What a good way for bonding. I am really grateful FS5 makes multiplayer games this way. My only suggestion would be to make it easier to find a specific person to play online. Sometimes when I'm trying to play my son, we have to try a few times, as it matches me with other people. Still, great game for this purpose, thanks for making it available!
Please update and add some higher difficulty settings. Why does this only go up to intermediate?
The online play is the best part. But is there any way to penalize players for forfeiting games? Players will continuously quit when they are losing and have inflated ratings. Players should be penalized points for forfeiting games. That would be a perfect update!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 11, 2009
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 7.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: FlipSide5, Inc.
- © 2009 FlipSide5, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.