By Crystal Springs Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iZilch chosen as a "Staff Favorites" and "What's Hot" in Games!
iZilch makes your iPhone or iPod touch come alive. A gentle shake will roll the dice. The dice look and sound real, and you drag them to the Dice Scoring Area to score points. There are other dice games on the iPhone, but none of them feel like this!
This game is easy to learn and quick to master, but because you have to constantly adapt your strategy to the changing game conditions, it stays interesting and fresh for hours of addictive game play. But watch out, the iPhone and iPod touch are tough opponents!
To play iZilch, you roll the dice and then decide which dice you want to use for scoring. You can keep rolling as long as you have dice that score, but if you ever roll without scoring, you lose all the points you have accumulated for that round (Zilch!). Once you decide to stop rolling, you lock in your points for that round, and the iPhone or iPod Touch takes its turn.
It's all about risk and reward. Smart play helps, but you still have to ask yourself, "Do I feel lucky?"
Demo video at http://www.crystalspringssoftware.com
- Play against the iPhone or iPod touch
- Dice look and sound real
- Shake iPhone or iPod touch to roll Dice
- Animated dice rolling and game flow
- Play game to 3,000 or 10,000 points
- Option to require 500 points to start
- Drag dice to "Dice Scoring Area" to score points
- All game rules enforced as you play
- Resume interrupted games (phone calls or switching apps)
- New Game button quits current game
- Keeps track of games won, lost and quit
- Reset games won to see who wins a group of games
What's New in Version 1.1
This update makes iZilch easier to learn and play
- Link to "How to Play iZilch" YouTube video
- Option for automatic dice scoring hints
- Double tap screen to see scoring hints
- Tap scoring dice to score them
- Option to turn off game sounds
- Option to turn off roll by shaking
- Two levels of game play
Plays OK, Needs a Minor Tweak
Never having played before I found it fairly easy to figure out what worked to make points. It helps that the dice expand so you know which to flick down into the scoring box when you first start out. However, since I use this game during waiting times, it would be helpful if there was a real pause button. Also, a quick hint or instruction paragraph would be helpful, also. Otherwise it plays well. It 'stuttered' the first couple of games till I got the hang of it and now there is no problem playing. I gave it 4 stars.
Ranked last of the four I tried
In preparation for a family reunion I've been brushing up on all the games we played as a kid. This is one of my favorites (the game), but this version is my least favorite of the four I tried. When you roll the dice they spread out on the screen. Cute idea, but that makes it harder to find the scoring dice (as opposed to having them in a row in one place). It also doesn't have many options in scoring, and doesn't score automatically.
iPhone Zilch works great!!
Got this app to play a little bit before a big weekend with the boys. Many people are complaining the iPhone wins every time? I played 8 games and won 6. Maybe you guys should bring your cash over to the cottage do we can all play together!! Hahaha. Great game!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 24, 2009
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Crystal Springs Software, LLC
- © 2009 Crystal Springs Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.