By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.16.6
Reply to specific messages in any chat. Just tap and hold on any message and tap reply. You can even tap on the quoted part of the message to scroll up to the original message.
Absolutely love and adore this app
I do! I can't imagine not having it on my phone! I have so many friends that are out of the country and this is the only app that I have found that works consistently for texting! Calls really depends on the signal strength but texts generally always go through even with a weak signal. Some people may have had issues with this app but it could have something to do with the type of phone you have or the phone company. It now private, and also I've read a bad review because of photo storage, you should be able to go into your settings and change it to where it doesn't save pictures or videos. But the 8 years I've had this app I and I have loved it all along the .way! So here's to whatsapp one of my most prized apps and this is not whatsapp people promoting themselves, this is a genuine person who loves this app and offering a good review on it👍🏼 try it out n see for yourself how neat this app is👍🏼
Professional and High Quality
This app is well-deserving of 4 stars. It has a highly professional feeling to it. I use the app for doing business with some organizations I am a part of. As a point of comparison, I use messaging services such as Kik and Groupme as well, but neither of them feel as sleek, high-end, and professional as WhatsApp. And now that they have end-to-end encryption, they're theoretically now hyper-secure. All the more reason to continue using it.
I do use Groupme or Kik more often, however, when I'm casually talking to friends. I'd say WhatsApp doesn't have some of the features that Groupme has to allow it to be the best platform for friendly conversation among peers, but WhatsApp has the other two absolutely beat in terms of the quality of the app itself. The app is still very great for talking to friends, but I think GroupMe has beat them on that battlefield.
Tl;dr: highest quality, professional, but better for business chatting vs social chatting IMO
Loading messages from iCloud backup
After I replaced my iPhone, I downloaded and installed whatsapp from app store- no problems whatsoever ever. However, when I chose to download the backup of my whatsapp conversations from iCloud, the download started without a hitch. Only problem - within the last couple of days when I did not have/use whatsapp, there were conversations going on in the group chat and when the conversations started loading, all the new messages loaded as if they were from 1 person in the group even when multiple people were a part of the chat conversation. This issue happened until all the new messages loaded into the app. I hope someone will fix this as it is very frustrating. That's why I took out 1 star. Everything else in whatsapp is just superb. Thanks!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 03, 2016
- Version: 2.16.6
- Size: 60.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2016 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.