Heads Up: Hold'em (Free Poker)
By Headlight Software, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play a quick game of 1-on-1 Texas Hold'em anywhere. Play against a friend, or against your iPhone or iPod touch. Even play wirelessly against a friend on their own device!
Easy and elegant touch controls keep the mechanics of the game simple and beautiful. (It's even won an award! placing in the "Best App Ever" Casino Games!)
* For one player, play against a smart AI opponent.
* Several AI personalities (with widely different styles and who all play advanced poker strategies) keep it fun and challenging even for expert poker players.
* Upgrade, then beat each to earn their card protector to use in the game.
* Awesome wireless play. You and a friend, each on your own iPad. Or play on your iPad against an iPhone or iPod touch with "Heads Up: Hold'em" too!
* GameCenter online multiplayer lets you play against anyone in the world.
* Share one device and use your iPad like a chess board between two people. Heads Up: Hold'em can either just deal the cards (letting you use real world chips) or both deal the cards and let you bet virtual chips onscreen against a friend.
* Easy and intuitive touch controls keep the mechanics of the game simple. Spin to set your bet amount, then push the pile of chips into the "bet" circle to place your bet. Or drag your cards to the center to fold. In two player games, simply slide the chip off your cards to peek.
* Beautiful photographic images and realistic sounds make it feel right.
* AI opponents vary from aggressive to careful, upgrade to play them all.
* Upgrade for dozens of awards to earn and use as card protectors in the game.
* "Peek Counter" prevents cheating in two player games.
What's New in Version 4.4.1
* Bug Fixes
Others are saying the game cheats. I don't think so, people seem to say this about all poker games.
But it does play very poorly. I'm winning about 70% of matches, over the past 50 or so, against the AIs from the highest difficulty (final 4). In particular they seem to go nuts on the river with marginal hands when deep stacked.
Don't try to bluff much, just value bet them relentlessly and wait for them to go nuts.
Are the games rigged? Feels like the orher side knows what cards u have & wins so many times so closely:
with just 1 card higher,
or a immediate higher pair 88 vs 99,
or a smaller trips like 222 when u have a top pair like AA
or a straight when u have trips
or have so many ridiculous straights & full houses (at least 8-10 times each games).
Also notice that the game keeps u at around ~60% win rate & looks like thats the % people convert to paid users.
Never seen such repeated odds.
Its mathematically impossible!
I definitely think the game is obviously & terribly rigged :(
Wish it wasnt... esp since it has good simple clean smooth graphics :(
I thoroughly enjoy the interface the programmers put together, I wish these guys all the success in the world!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 09, 2014
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Headlight Software, Inc.
- © 2013 Headlight Software, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Upgrade: More Chips, Opponents, & Awards"$1.99
- "Instant Upgrade: 1,000 Chips per Game"$0.99
- "Dead Man's Hand" Protector$0.99
- "Bling-Bling" Card Protector$1.99
- Bling Card Protector$0.99
- "Gold Clock" Card Protector$1.99
- "Silver Clock" Card Protector$1.99
- "Bad Beat Clock" Card Protector$1.99
- "King Spinner" Card Protector$0.99
- "Sapphire" Card Protector$0.99