ESPN - Get scores, news, and watch live sports
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and the latest news, live video and audio streaming across ESPN’s networks, and loads of video highlights. Sign in and personalize the ESPN App to get alerts about scores and news from all of your favorite teams and leagues! No matter where you go, take ESPN with you to stay connected the moment you need it, from wherever you are.
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access to scores from the MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, NHL, College Basketball, MLS, and more.
- Stories and videos from your favorite teams and leagues up front and center in your favorites feed. Simply pick your favorite leagues and teams to get started.
- Not near a TV or want to stream a second game? You now have one tap access to stream live events, up-to-the-minute news, highlights and analysis from the ESPN family of networks.
- Take your sports wherever your ears go! Stream live ESPN Radio, over 100 other ESPN podcasts , live play-by-play and more — just tap on the headphones to listen.
- Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, SEC Network, SEC Network Plus, ESPNews ESPN Deportes and Longhorn Network are now available for live streaming through WatchESPN in the ESPN App. Access to WatchESPN live video is determined by your TV provider and package and, in some instances, your Internet service provider. The providers below currently offer access to WatchESPN live video:
* AT&T U-verse
* Bright House Networks
* Comcast XFINITY
* Google Fiber
* Midcontinent Communications
* Time Warner Cable
* Verizon FiOS TV
* Plus many more providers
* Due to contractual limitations with certain content, especially play-by-play broadcasts, there are times when the schedule that's on-air won't match the schedule that's online. While we make every effort to update the schedule, occasionally the nature of play-by-play broadcasting limits our ability to accurately present the latest schedule (ie., rain delays, last minute schedule changes). We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. If you have specific schedule questions, please contact the station directly by visiting their website.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and to provide feedback on the app: twitter.com/ESPN_FanCentral
- Use the Feedback form in the app’s Settings menu to let us know how we’re doing.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
What's New in Version 5.0
[+] New Scoreboards. Say hello to runners on base for baseball and watch buttons. Just tap watch to get the live video stream going.
[+] Have favorite leagues? Now the Favorites tab shows you the top news from around every league you love.
[+] Chuck Klosterman says it's the greatest thing we've ever produced. We say it's called OJ Made In America. Stream it in the ESPN App under the watch tab starting on June 14th.
[+] Customize the ESPN app based on your region, language, and content preference. Simply pick between the US, Deportes, and SonyESPN India Editions to get started.
[+] Looking for world's second most popular sport? Switch to the Sony India edition of the app for Cricket coverage. Cricket support provides you with access to scores and news from all top cricket leagues around the world.
Goodbye, ESPN Radio App
In an effort to funnel us to their less than perfect app, ESPN has ceased support of the ESPN Radio App. That app was awesome. It gave access to live national ESPN plus 20+ local ESPN stations. Now that ESPN Radio has been annexed by ESPN the App, we get ~5 "featured" stations, all from, shockingly, NY and Chicago. There are a couple other huge city ESPN affiliates, but that's it. Been waiting weeks to gets response fro Suppoet about whether well get more stations again. When I asked about the future of the radio app, I heard within 36 hours that it would no longer be supported. Ask about what stations will be available now that the Mothership has taken over, it took 2 weeks to get a response that my question had been forwarded to the appropriate department. Hmm.
So, I've lost both ESPN radio & ESPN the App (which I've deleted). I can only hope they don't destroy Watch ESPN, too, but you know it's coming. I now get my sports scores & news from the CBS app, but there are several others out there that are also very good...but ALL are better than ESPN the App.
ESPN Apple Watch App
Apple Watch users need more information, more access, and more freedom to navigate through the sports they love as they do on their phones. The watch app is extremely limited, you can only view your favorite team scores. Users should be able to view all sports scores, and they should be able to see the scores broken down by quarters, half, or innings. We should also be able to look up team standings, scoring plays, and other pertinent info. The watch has the capabilities to hold all of this information. The newsfeed on the watch app is limited as well. Please improve, for the sake of your sports loving customers who check their scores over the watch while working, at church, out in public, or working on the yard.
Lastly, the latest phone app update keeps making me sign in to view my favorite teams. Must be a glitch.
The app has 5 star potential
The espn app disappoints me because the interface itself is good enough and the idea is fine, but espn did a poor job of covering all of the sports. There should be an option to pick and choose which sports I want to show up. I can honestly say I have never watched nascar or the WNBA yet they still show up on my screen, and there is no way to take them off! Yet Wimbledon is going on right now, and women's tennis scores or upcoming matches isn't showing up at all. Maybe espn is just biased, but scores pertaining to games outside of the United States are not covered as much. And some sports are just completely missing from the app. Especially D1 college sports. Put more time and effort into the app espn!
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jun 01, 2016
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 33.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2015 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes