Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and news with loads of video highlights. Sign in and customize the ESPN App to get all of your favorite teams' scores, news and alerts.
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access scores and highlights from MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, College Basketball, MLS, Cricket and more.
- Watch video highlights of your favorite games and easily share on Facebook, Twitter, Email and SMS.
- Check out the "NOW" views for real-time updates and commentary. NOW combines up-to-the-minute ESPN updates on any sport or team with the freshest photos, videos and social media content from around the sports universe.
- Not near a TV? Watch any event on any ESPN channel simply by tapping on the On-Air tab.
- Stream live ESPN Radio for free — just tap on the On-Air tab and hit “Play”.
What's New in Version 4.3.3
Crashes Often, Landscape View Doesn't Change to Portrait
This app is great. But honestly I find myself using their rival, the TeamStream app from Bleacher Report. ESPN has always been a little "We live for Brady, LeBron, and Mayweather," and a few other teams/athletes to begin with, so some of their reports I feel are a tad biased to begin with. Back to the app. It has random crashes navigating through the pages, won't return to portrait orientation after switching to landscape to watch videos especially and the only reason I keep it is the notifications are very timely when I'm away from my TV. Besides that I wouldn't have the ESPN app on my phone, and it has had the privilege of being there since around 2011.
Didn't fix anything
I want to love this app but I just can't because there are so many issues. The scrolling still isn't smooth and fluent. It lags sometimes. Also I still believe the scores could load faster when opening the app.
I would love the the stats to show up right in the app rather then going to the website. Also when I still go to click on one of my teams it goes to the news right away rather then the scores which is the first tab. So either fix it or have the news first. Lastly I would like if the app didn't use so much storage
Alerts don't work
App is better but still problems. First, I Cannot be logged into the same ESPN account on two devices, iPad and iPhone, or else one gets no alerts. Second, on my iPad many alerts come thru twice, and immediately. I have tried uninstall/reinstall of the app, log out and in of the account, hard reset of iPad, even restore of iPad backup. I have also tried turning off all alerts then turning them on again. Third, I turned off all alerts while still logged in, and I still get alerts! It's lo,e there is a phantom logged in.
A company as big as ESPN in sports should do much better than this. It's an amateur job.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: May 26, 2015
- Version: 4.3.3
- Size: 49.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2012 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.