ESPN - Get scores, news, and watch live sports
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and the latest news, live video and audio streaming across ESPN’s networks, and loads of video highlights. Sign in and personalize the ESPN App to get alerts about scores and news from all of your favorite teams and leagues! No matter where you go, take ESPN with you to stay connected the moment you need it, from wherever you are.
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access to scores and news from the MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, NHL, College Basketball, MLS, Esports and more.
- Stories and videos from your favorite teams and leagues up front and center in your favorites feed. Simply pick your favorite leagues and teams to get started.
- Not near a TV or want to stream a second game? You now have one tap access to stream live events, up-to-the-minute news, highlights and analysis from the ESPN family of networks.
- Take your sports wherever your ears go! Stream live national and regional ESPN Radio stations, over 100 other ESPN podcasts, live play-by-play and more — just tap on the headphones to listen.
- Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
- Our iMessages extension lets you share live scores with your friends and watch video highlights without leaving your conversation.
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, SEC Network, SEC Network Plus, ESPNews ESPN Deportes, and Longhorn Network are now available for live streaming through WatchESPN in the ESPN App. Access to WatchESPN live video is determined by your TV provider and package and, in some instances, your Internet service provider. The providers below currently offer access to WatchESPN live video:
* AT&T U-verse
* Bright House Networks
* Comcast XFINITY
* Google Fiber
* Midcontinent Communications
* Time Warner Cable
* Verizon FiOS TV
* Plus many more providers
* Due to contractual limitations with certain content, especially play-by-play broadcasts, there are times when the schedule that's on-air won't match the schedule that's online. While we make every effort to update the schedule, occasionally the nature of play-by-play broadcasting limits our ability to accurately present the latest schedule (ie., rain delays, last minute schedule changes). We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. If you have specific schedule questions, please contact the station directly by visiting their website.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and to provide feedback on the app: twitter.com/ESPN_FanCentral
- Use the Feedback form in the app’s Settings menu to let us know how we’re doing.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
What's New in Version 5.3.1
[+] Fixes an issue where some fans were not receiving notifications after setting up a new iPhone from an iCloud backup.
[+] Fixes an issue where some fans were getting intermittently logged out of the app.
This app has the potential of being a smart integrated center for sport news, scores, and podcasts among other features. Unfortunately as we've seen already this year with the ESPN Fantasy Football app, there are bugs that ruin the experience and the I.T. Team appear to be in no hurry to fix them. For the past month any podcast I try to listen to on the app does not save where I left off, meaning the show starts from the beginning again each time you try to go back and listen. A very basic inconvenience yet 4 weeks later no fix has been released. If only ESPN worried more about the details of their product rather than trying to flood consumers with content there would be more satisfaction. Also, on a weekly basis of listening, certain podcasts will skip and jump around within the episode leaving you clueless as to what's happening. It's unfortunate that a company filled with such talent care not about how their finished product is delivered. I hope that these basic bugs can be ironed out sooner rather than later because the reputation of the software department at ESPN is already at an all time low due to their opening day fantasy football app fumble.
I want to love this app.
ESPN, the wordwide leader in sports, made a great app for the iPhone. I love the ability to choose favorite teams and get instant and customized notifications.
But the Apple Watch complication is buggy as heck and needs work. It constantly tells me to log into the app on my iPhone before it will retrieve data for my Watch. I never log out of my phone app so I don't know why it keeps saying that. Also, scores are glitchy and often need to be manually updated via long press on my Watch dock.
I'm hoping they address some of these things in an update in the near future. In the meantime, if you're looking for a great sports app for your iPhone, look no further. But if you want Apple Watch support and access, hold off because it can be a lot better than what it is right now.
Signature ESPN Sound???
Why? Why on Earth do you change the signature sound that has been the cornerstone of ESPN for decades. There was even a commercial made specifically showcasing that signature sound with all the crew and random street fans coordinating (via editing) humming that tune through the whole commercial. Rappers have made tracks based off that tune and I personally only have the app SPECIFICALLY for that sound. Nothing like going through the day doing something fun and your ESPN app goes off simultaneously creating a personal "Top 10" moment. Long story short: BRING IT BACK PLEASE🙃🙏💯🏃🤔💡
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Oct 13, 2016
- Version: 5.3.1
- Size: 48.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2015 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes