My Position App
By Piet Jonas
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Quickly see where and how high you are on earth. If you define a target you can see how far you still have to go and in which direction. It uses the a constant angle on a so called
rhumb line or loxodrome, so it is not necessary to constantly adjust your bearing (as you would have to on the shortest path on a orthodrome)
This application is intended for a quick lookup without tracking your position in the background over time in order to save battery power. It works completely offline and can be safely used while roaming.
- see the bearing to your target on a compass rose
- keep a list of your favorite targets
- switch between metric and imperial units
- open the map and email your position
- search the GeoNames database for targets
- display of the current speed
What's New in Version 1.3.0
- iPhone 7+
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 22, 2017
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Piet Jonas
- © 2009 Piet Jonas
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.