Spanish English Dictionary +
By Ascendo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The #1 Spanish English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch - Offline Dictionary with over 670,000 Entries - Comprehensive Phrasebook - Verb Conjugator - Vocabulary Quizzes - Offline Audio Pronunciation - Universal Application
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
* * * * * “Best Offline Spanish English Dictionary! A must have for learning a new language!”
* * * * * “Between it's incredibly extensive vocabulary and excellent conjugations it has gotten me through many a conversation while traveling!”
* * * * * “Awesome! This app does everything a dictionary should do and more!”
* * * * * “Fantastic App - I have 4 or 5 Spanish Apps and this is the absolute best.”
* * * * * “Best Spanish English Reference - Hands down the single most important Spanish app to have on your iPhone. Worth every penny.”
Spanish English Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language translator, always ready to help. It includes everything you need in one app and features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes and images to dictionary entries. Advanced features and extensive content make VidaLingua the most comprehensive Spanish English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download it now and start learning Spanish or English today!
- Spanish English Dictionary with over 670,000 offline entries.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of Spanish nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
- Conjugations of 6,419 Spanish & English verbs.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in Spanish & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, Spain, Mexico).
- Single index search for fast lookups in Spanish or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrase book.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Universal app which can be installed on 5 iOS devices.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging learning companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
Tags : diccionario, inglés, español, traducción, traductor, frases, conjugación, verbos
What's New in Version 6.2.71
- Added thousands of entries to dictionary including complete sentences in addition to compound forms.
- Included contemporary words like "selfie", "fracking" and "hashtag" that you won't find in other dictionaries.
- Improved availability of online images for numerous dictionary words. If online image is available an icon will appear beneath the Examples section.
- Integrated phrasebook with dictionary so phrases appear in the Examples sections of dictionary.
- Localized user interface for Spanish.
- Implemented alert if user taps word to hear pronunciation and speaker is turned off.
- Improved display of multi-line phrases added to My Phrases category of Phrasebook.
- Improved Suggest Improvement link at bottom of dictionary pages.
- Other bug fixes and enhancements.
If you like free updates, please review our app!
This has become my first go-to Spanish English dictionary
Although I had been using another dictionary, because of the phrases and idioms that are so helpful in that dictionary, I have switched to this dictionary as my first go to resource. That is because this dictionary incorporates some of those things as well, while also offering a variety of other helps, such as the test and the conjugations. The layout is easier to use because you don't have to manually switch back-and-forth between languages. This has become my first go-two dictionary, although I still use the other one for phrasal application.
One thing that I would really like to see added to this dictionary is an inclusion of imperatives and participles in the conjugation tab.
Slick little app. Being able to jot down a few notes is a great idea and a welcomed addition. The fact that this is right there on my cell phone makes it very relevant in my day to day needs. I needed something like this after I graduated college and was traveling europe for 2 months. I could have used the german and french versions too. Maybe they could bundle them. I especially like the phrases section. That would have come in handy at restaurants and train stations and for meeting people.
Very helpful app
Having moved to Spain from the US 1 1/2 years ago, I use this app almost every day. Because the app is on my iPhone I can use it when I'm out trying to do my day-to-day tasks and then during the day to do my Spanish homework for my lessons or just whenever I need to find out what my mail says. This app and the corresponding apps for other languages such as Italian and French have been very helpful, too, as we travel around Europe and live in Spain.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 12, 2014
- Version: 6.2.71
- Size: 16.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Ascendo Inc.
- © Ascendo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.