By Symfi, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Actively use your brain while watching and listening to Coursera, edX, podcasts, lectures, talks, audiobooks or any other demanding content. Other players are designed around the key idea that you are a passive listener or viewer, as if you where in a cinema but learning requires more from you and AudioMark tries to fill your learning needs:
* Plays the world's best courses from the free site Coursera.org and edX.org with download, play-list, background-play and in addition zoom/pan, speed, quiz and subtitles (export, font, language) which are not available when using Safari on iPhone
* Take notes and use as subtitles, timed-bookmarks, email/share and store on Evernote with screen capture
* History of what/when you played and every pause/play made, ideal for jumpy people
* Plays podcasts, audiobooks or any media on Podcasts, Music, iTunes U, Videos Apps or your personal media (such as m4b) on email attachments, Dropbox/Box cloud or Camera Roll
* Shows chapters with artwork with fine control over time in chapter (e.g. Economist or Audible)
* Full screen with zoom/pan, portrait/landscape, background-play, double-tap to pause, speed and configurable forward/backward jumps
* YouTube lectures/podcasts/hangouts (e.g. Weekly Space Hangout, Virtual Star Party, tech talks, ...) (no download)
* Try the App to see all its many features or go through the detailed walkthrough at http://audiomark.mobi/usage
* The App is constantly being refined by requests made by its many users. Please email email@example.com
* pause to generate record, later add text to record to change it into a bookmark
* edit bookmark time, text
* email in a single email all bookmarks, subtitles, chapters
* share on facebook/twitter/email, with screenshot
* time slider with drag down for fine control
* set pause or play when writing a note
* play in a loop between two bookmarks
* sleep timer
* dictate your notes
* Start in Music App and switch to AudioMark
* Start a video from Video App in AudioMark and switch to playing it in Music App
* send in a single email text from all bookmarks from all videos/tracks of a single lecture/album
* Usability: font size, shake to pause or rewind, VoiceOver support
What's New in Version 4.14
* Export the entire database used by AudioMark into an email. The export is done from the Setting page. Use it as a backup or to export the entire content to a different device. You can import the database into AudioMark by opening the attachment of the email on your iPhone/iPad. Note that importing erases the previous content of the database. The attachment is a file with an ".AudioMarkBackup" extension but it is a text file that you can read in any text editor (the file is in json format.) Modifying this file is on your own risk and responsibility.
* bug fix: starting to play from Download while a previous download is being played caused the wrong file to play.
* bug fix: "Open In..." of files with a name that ended with dash followed by a number (e.g. file-1.mp3)
Please make it better!
I tried using it today with an edX course. I liked the way the video playback worked, and found navigating the app pretty simple.
Unfortunately, there are some pages in edX courses that are rendered in such a way that all the course's navigation disappears. Once you hit that spot in a chapter of a course you're stuck -- forever it seems. Leaving the chapter brings back the navigation. Then selecting courseware and going back to that chapter regretfully takes you back to the same page, the little navigation buttons up top (the ones that indicate sections of the chapter, with icons for text topics, videos, quizzes, etc) immediately disappear again because the page goes full screen and once again you cannot advance in the course.
I'll note that the app's known limitations say that the app renders as well as the built in Safari. Beware that that may mean making this app unusable for some content, at least on edX. That's a limitation I would like to see the app developers address.
p.s. Someone please recommend a spell checker app to that other reviewer above me. He doesn't know how to spell "Windows". Maybe point him towards a free online spelling course?
Great idea, hope it keeps improving
Feels a little unpolished. But for active listeners I think it's the best there is on iOS. Audio could be easier to navigate (add more increments), maybe feature notes more prominently rather than having them live in the side bar (that's the point of the app after all). What's the point of having the book cover art take up most of the screen?
I love that I can turn off the screen during a video and still listen to the audio.
Overall great app. Fills a need well. I hope it keeps getting better!
The user interface is a monstrosity, close set tiny buttons, cluttered information overload bookmark viewer--something you might expect from Windoze experienced parachute-baby's first iOS programming class project. But it is indispensable for it does what Apple now refuses to do: support audiobook chapter navigation and it adds annotation.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 06, 2014
- Version: 4.14
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yael ; Udi Ben-Reuven
- © 2009-14 Symfi, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full upgrade$0.99