French English Dictionary +
By Ascendo Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The #1 French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch - Offline Dictionary with over 748,000 Entries - Comprehensive Phrasebook - Verb Conjugator - Vocabulary Quizzes - Flashcards - Offline Audio Pronunciation - Universal Application
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
“Best that I have found. This dictionary is very complete. I have found it to be better than some online dictionaries.”
“I teach an intermediate class. I always have my iPad by my side. This app is great for quick word definition searches.”
“More than just a dictionary. The photo capability is perfect for visual learners like me. I definitely recommend it!”
“Worth the money. Great app! Best French dictionary I could find in the appshop.”
“Excellent. Very complete and easy to use. Being an offline tool is a key benefit.”
French English Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. French English Dictionary + includes everything you need in one app and features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, images & audio clips to dictionary entries. Advanced features and extensive content make VidaLingua the most comprehensive French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download French English Dictionary + now and start learning French or English today!
- French English Dictionary with over 748,000 offline entries.
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of French nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
- Conjugations of 6,438 French & English verbs.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in French & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in French or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrase book.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes, images & audio clips to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging learning companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
What's New in Version 7.0 (12)
- Added 4,264 dictionary headwords and thousands of translation entries.
- Implemented speach recognition dictionary lookups.
- Fixed pronunciation so text-to-speach works on all devices and fixed default speed.
- Added slider to configure pronunciation speed.
- Added South African and Irish accents to pronunciation voice in addition to US, UK and Australian.
- Added hundreds of noun plurals to German, French and Spanish dictionaries.
- Implemented dictionary favorites.
- Implemented Flashcards to practice vocabulary.
- Fixed problems with French reflective verb conjugations.
- Added Nominal and Imperative verb tenses to French verb conjugations.
- Implemented support for 3D Touch to navigate to phrasebook, verb conjugations, translator, etc. from app icon.
Efficient, pithy and updated!
This is a very handy dictionary. There's no toggling between languages. A terse list of suggestions covering various connotations of the word in question pops up. It's very quick and easy to use.
They've added a lot of substantial features since I started using it. Audio enunciations are available. Quizzes and flash cards, too. And they've added these features without mucking up the simple and direct interface.
They've made an excellent app better!
I teach at a French school and this app is great for looking up words really fast. You don't have to choose a language, just start typing and a list of matching French or English words appear. This list includes a few translations and you can tap on a word for complete information like gender and usage examples. Voila!
How spoiled we are. One reviewer complained that it cost too much. $10! It is easy to use, fast, packs an amazing amount of information, and pronounces everything. I love the idioms. Think back a few years and remember thumbing through a reverse dictionary, puzzling over phonetic symbols. C'mon, it's ten bucks.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 29, 2017
- Version: 7.0 (12)
- Size: 40.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Ascendo Inc.
- © Ascendo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.