Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.5.0
Bugs and stability fixes
Use Waze every day!
I have been using awake everyday since July 2015. I drive everyday for my regular job and also drive for Lyft and Uber. Waze syncs nicely with the Lyft app and also syncs with my calendar for my work appointments. The only criticism, if any, is that frequently Waze will direct me in an unnecessary way. I often know the way it's telling me to go is not necessary and have to let the app re-route when I don't follow it. I know this happens with most GPS apps, so it's not really a big deal. But, it would be great if these things could be corrected. In time I guess. Oh also, it would be very helpful if when I'm on the street of my destination the app would show the address of my destination. This is HUGE when driving for Lyft and Uber. I always have to switch between apps to see the address I need to arrive at, Waze usually doesn't show it when you are on the street of the destination and are about to arrive. Please fix that if nothing else. Other than those two things, Waze is fantastic!
The best GPS app I have found. Quick updates to routes. If you allow it access to your calendar and you have an address in a calendar entry's location field, it can route using that information.
The social aspects of this app are useful sometimes: speed cameras, traffic and weather. It is a bit too tempting to enter in your own observations while driving which can be a safety hazard.
The best attribute of this GPS app is the accuracy of its maps. This is because it allows experienced users to edit the incorrect maps. All of my commercially produced GOS units (tried Magellan, TomTom and several in-car units) don't have maps that gone close to the accuracy you get with Waze.
I fly for a living, so it was painful for me as various driving applications matured to find one that reminded me of what I have at work. I tried everything available, but didn't really like any of them until I found Waze.
I was an early user and drove many new roads and help with a couple of map issues. What an outstanding community of users!
My only complaint is that I have not found a way to combine my two accounts – I created a second one when I got a work phone but I never use it anymore and would like to have the points together. First world problem.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 02, 2016
- Version: 4.5.0
- Size: 52.2 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.