By Yonac Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the all-new Steel Guitar 2.0 — built COMPLETELY from scratch with bigger tone, more soul, and better features than ever!
Combining a large collection of unique guitars, all-new realtime effects and amps processing, and a playing surface more expressive than ever, Steel Guitar is easily the most realistic sounding guitar on iOS.
For unprecedented control over your tone, expand to 10 unique guitars, 8 iconic virtual-tube amps, and 16 classic effects! Build up your signal chain any way you want, thanks to a simple drag-and-drop interface that accommodates all your amps & FX connections, in any order.
Steel Guitar’s axes range from 6-string electrics to acoustic, 12-string, and to even 8- and 10-string pedals steels. Amps include all the important models of the last 60 years — each one complete with channel switching, adjustable gain, and EQ. The effects include painstakingly designed virtual-analog overdrives, fuzzes, wah, tape delay, reverbs, and more!
With the PRO Pack or The Whole Enchilada, gain access to Steel Guitar’s powerful tapedeck complete with recording, looping audio copy/paste and a plethora of other sharing options; or harness Steel Guitar’s powerful, user-friendly MIDI Learn to control your effects, amps and guitar parameters!
Use MIDI or the accelerometer to control string-bending pedals for authentic pedal steel sounds — and you can easily configure pedal-to-string assignments via the built-in copedent matrix.
Steel Guitar 2.0 is fully connected, too. With Inter-App Audio and Audiobus available out-of-the box, connect Steel Guitar to your favorite iOS DAW and jam away!
Whether you’re after the soulful ring of acoustic blues, the mean and dirty crunch of Rock, or dreamy bell-like tones of a pedal steel, Steel Guitar has got your covered.
• Expand to 10 unique guitars, 8 amps and 16 effects
• Real time FX & Amps processing
• Fully configurable FX & Amps Signal Chain
• Virtual-Tube amps including classic American and British models
• Virtual-Analog effects: multiple overdrives & fuzzes, reverbs, mods, tape delay & more
• All new, easy-to-use guitar interface
• Configurable note-snapping, normal & damped sustain
• Bar slanting & string dampening gestures
• String bending via MIDI or accelerometer-controlled virtual “pedals”
• Fully controllable copedent (string-bending pedal map)
• Inter App Audio & Audiobus
• MIDI Learn & Program Changes*
• Tapedeck with recording, audio copy/paste, looping and lots of other import/export options*
• Save unlimited presets; import/export presets and folders
• Metronome with tap tempo
• Left-handed mode
*Included with PRO Pack or The Whole Enchilada
What's New in Version 2.0
COMPLETELY REBUILT! ALL BRAND-NEW! Our iOS classic now delivers a sound quality better than ever, along with unprecedented versatility, usability, and *TONE*
• New Universal Design — built for the iPad and iPhone
• Amazing new realistic sounds
• Realtime effects & amps processing
• Fully configurable signal chain for Steel Guitar amps & FX
• All-new guitars: electrics, pedal steels, acoustic, 12-string
• Brand-new control surface with extraordinary expression & responsiveness
• IAA, Audiobus, Recording, MIDI & More!
Also introducing the *NEW* Steel Guitar IAP Store stocked with lots of fresh, new goodies. Gain total tonal control with,
• Guitar Bundle
• Amp Bundle
• FX Bundle
• Pro Pack Bundle: adds MIDI, tape deck, and more
• The Whole Enchilada: get ALL the bundles for a discounted price!
Great sound and fun!
A few minutes of playing with the free version was all that it took for me to instantly upgrade to the full version! This app is fantastic and is another great addition to any mobile musician's arsenal. Don't hesitate, try it out and see and hear for yourself. This app sells itsells pretty much.
My only complaint is the orientation of the screen that is stuck in one position, but won't rotate when you flip your iPad 180 degrees. For practical workflow reasons i always have my iPad orientated with the power cable (and home button) on the left side and audio socket on the right. This app will be stuck upside down in that position and it would be great if it could automatically flip around. Please please fix this Yonac!
Otherwise this is an absolutely recommended piece of ear candy :)
I purchased this app several years ago and was not impressed with it, but that has changed as of the version 2.0 update. Everything seems like it's been reworked including the playing feel which is very important in a music app like this that allows fine note articulations. This is now a truly amazing app that, with practice, can allow the user to pull off really convincing slide licks. Also, the amps and effects sound great but remember, the effect chain is modeled on real life so effect order is very important in obtaining a good sound - i.e. reverbs and delays come last - post amp - , overdrive boxes and compressors first.
Best Guitar Emulator On iOS
This is a fantastic sounding steel guitar emulator. I just happen to play an "analog" steel guitar and I see the musical potential of this app. The guitar models sound great, and the amps and effects are from another great app known as ToneStack. Bar slants are very controllable and a great addition to make this play like real. There are lots of tweaks and even a switch to make it left handed. I love the tuning capabilities. That is a rich steel guitar tradition in and of itself. I bought the original a couple of years ago and this thing blows it to smithereens. There are obviously some guitarists on the staff of Yonac. Great work Yonac!
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 04, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 120 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yonac Inc.
- © 2015 Yonac Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Whole Enchilada$9.99
- Guitar Bundle$2.99
- PRO Pack$2.99
- FX Bundle$2.99
- Amp Bundle$2.99