Stock Wars - Virtual Investing
By Continuous Integration Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stock Wars puts you in the fast paced world of traders and big money. Take your shot and beat the markets! Set up your portfolio and watch how your stocks would perform in the real world. Analyze companies, place your orders and watch your portfolio grow. Stock Wars will make you a top trader in no time!
- Create and manage your portfolio
- Learn about real-world investing and test practical stock trading strategies
- Create trader groups to compete with your friends
- Watch your performance against other traders
- Monitor other traders' investment strategy
- Add tag-based watch lists of stocks
- Place real-time orders and track your positions of stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, and currencies trading on the NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ, FOREX, and other OTC exchanges
- View real-time quote data with automatic refresh.
- Export your portfolio to applications that support OFX format.
- View company's stock intraday performance with historical trending and charts
- Research stocks with real-time consolidated company's news & Twitter feeds
- Link your profile to Facebook and post news feeds to your wall
- Tweet about stocks
- Social Networking with other traders via Twitter
- Analyze your positions with purchase history, average pricing, cost basis, gain/loss, dividends and corporate actions
- View distribution and historical performance of your holdings
- Intraday updates on market gainers, losers, active and high yielding stocks
- Compare US indices, world markets and currencies
What's New in Version 3.1
- Tag watch lists enhancements.
- Twitter integration updates.
- Share news and twitter links.
- Recent trades marquee in Portfolio tab.
- Reported crash bug fixes.
FIX THE CONNECTION
This game is excellent. Its a great hobby and ive made it into the top 50 in the world. However, this game can get VERY ANNOYING! Evey other second you get an "error occured, please try again later", its even more annoying because you get that notification 7 or 8 times, and you have to close each one of them! And when you log into an account it takes forever! And usually about half way into the load the game gives up and says "an error occured". Fix this ****, its ****ing annoying! Also, every other day im getting this "over quota" message in the intro. Which i know is BS because theres only 190k people on this game, and i guarentee less than half of them are active!
Just wait until a stock split
App can't keep up with stuff like stock splits. One of my "investments" discontinued one type of stock and provided all real life investors with shares of another stock in their company... this app however didn't do the same to match, it only registered that the stock value was suddenly zero and I lost everything in that stock. More recently the google stock split killed me. GOOG was changed and the new GOOG was suddenly half the value of the old stock and half my shares were deleted. I essentially lost 75% of my "investment" in GOOG. The real slap in the face came a week later when the app added shares to GOOG but didn't fully compensate the lost value of stock and didn't mirror how google handled the split IRL anyway.
Conclusion: Fun until the market does something complicated then you end up rage quitting. One star for leading me on like a bad gf.
Neat way to track stock w/o buying
If you are unsure about buying a stock in real life, buy it in this app. Track it for a few months or years to see if your hunch was right.
The app does pay stock dividends, but it does not factor dividends in how it tracks performance. Thus, it may show you lost money on a stock when in fact you made money because of the dividend.
Trades are a bit pricey for both buying and selling so if you wanted to play a day trader with this app you would lose money. But it's interesting to load up a wish list of stock and check in every month or so to see its performance.
If a stock changes names or does a strange split (anything other than 2/1), the app may not get it right. Usually these issues get fixed but it can take months.
Also, the stocks seem hack able. The leader boards are full of people loading up with fake stocks. Don't expect to ever top the leaderboard.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Nov 29, 2013
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Continuous Integration Inc.
- © 2013 Continuous Integration, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Stock Wars Full (Ad Removal)$1.99