Antagon Lite Edition
By Oniric Forge
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Antagon Lite Edition. Compatible with iPhone / iPod touch of 2nd generation, os 2.0 or later.
Three game modes are available in this version:
- Game against computer (3 difficulty levels).
- Game in Hotseat mode (2 players pass a single iPhone or iPod touch back and forth to play).
- Demo mode (the computer plays against himself).
If you appreciate this game, don't hesitate to check out the Full Version, which includes a Head-to-Head mode: 2 players over the Bluetooth connection (only for iPhone / iPod touch of 2nd generation, os 3.0 or later).
Antagon is a two players turn-based reflexion / strategy game.
Two camps (Blue and Red) confront each other on a six-by-six square board. Each camp is composed of 3 pawns.
The pawns, while moving along, paint the squares they cover with the color of their camp.
Hazard partially takes place in the game, insofar as pawns move along randomly shaped paths.
Once there is no neutral square left, the victorious camp is the one which holds the greatest number of squares of its color.
At each game start, the computer randomly chooses which camp starts, and, in "Game against Computer" mode, who leads which camp.
At each turn and for each camp, a 5 squares long path is randomly generated by the computer (the squares are put together in a Tetris-like way). It represents a possible path for the selected pawn (highlighted pawn).
Here are the actions that can be done:
- Make the path rotate (via the buttons which are on the bottom right of the screen). The path then rotates 90 degrees around the selected pawn.
- Select another pawn (via the buttons which are on the bottom left of the screen, or by tapping a pawn of one's camp).
- Move the selected pawn (via the "Go!" button).
You have a limited amount of time to make a move: Default time limit is of 30 seconds (you can change this parameter in the Settings).
Remaining time is shown by a gauge, on the left of the screen.
When the deadline is reached, the selected pawn automatically moves along the path.
When a move is triggered, the selected pawn moves along the path, and paints each square it covers with the color of its camp.
Held squares can be recaptured at any moment by the adversary.
Also, the sides of the board are "open": When a pawn, during its move, hits a side of the board, it gets teleported to the opposite side.
If it comes to hit another pawn, its move is stopped.
Once a pawn has finished its move, it's up to the opponent to play.
The number of squares held by each camp is permanently shown on the upper left of the screen.
Once all of the squares are filled (no neutral square left), game is stopped, then the victorious camp is the one which holds the greatest number of squares.
In case where both camps hold the same number of squares, there is tie.
What's New in Version 1.1
Needs a lot of love
Good concept, and probably more fun with two people, since playing the computer is just annoying. Very little multiturn strategy, but good for a quick battle of tactics. It needs a lot of love to fix some obvious issues:
* Easy, medium, hard is actually small, medium, large
* Computer moves are both extremely slow and annoying to watch - it takes longer than I do, and still doesn't make the best move.
* Timer doesn't stop when app is closed
* Sometimes crashes at the end of the game
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 01, 2009
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.2 MB
- Language: French
- Seller: Franck Mallouk
- © 2009 Oniric Forge
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).