By Fireball Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Asteroids and comets raining from the sky! Alien invaders shooting and bombing our cities into oblivion! What are we going to do?! YOU must take charge of the planet’s defenses. Intercept these threats and save us all!
HOW TO PLAY :
Designed specifically for your iPhone or iPod Touch’s touch screen, controlling the planetary defense systems couldn’t be easier. Just touch the screen to get a target reticle, point where you want to fire, and release! It’s just that easy. You can even tap in rapid succession to barrage an area with weapons fire. Be warned though, your ammunition is not unlimited. You’ll probably end up wanting to recharge your supplies after almost every round, and, of course, it’s all coming out of your pay too. Don’t worry though, there will be plenty of opportunities to score big, and we’ll even help you out by rebuilding a city or two that might get destroyed free of charge. Just make sure one survives though, because if there’s no one left to build anything, it’s game over.
Remember when arcade games where just lines on a screen. The games were simple, but the action intense. They were hard, they were fun, and there were no continues.
Interception captures that “retro” arcade experience but includes the features you expect of games today. All rendered in a classic vector style.
INTERCEPTION FEATURES :
- Multiple Enemy Types : Just when you thought you saw them all, a new one “drops in”. Some of them may require more than a single hit to eliminate.
- 100 rounds of fun! (If your idea of fun is frantically trying to avert global catastrophe)
- Weapon Power-Ups : You’ll need to invest your funds (Score) into more ammunition, and more powerful weapons if you want to survive. There are 8 weapon upgrades in all.
- Multiple levels of difficulty : Think “Normal” mode is too easy? Try “Master” mode where missile type weapons only detonate where you target them, and enemies get tougher much quicker.
- Combo System : Combos truly are your key to victory. Hit more than one enemy with the same projectile, and you’ll score a multiplier for ALL enemies you hit with that projectile! Hit two, and you double your score for both. Hit 3 and triple it! Hit 9 and you’ll be rolling in dough. Maybe even get enough for that shiny new ***** ****** you’ve always wanted.
- Bonus stages : Bonus stages end fast but you have infinite ammo, so shoot those UFOs before time runs out.
- Bosses : They’re what we call planet killers. Also, we’ve detected something else out there. . . and it’s big. . .
- - - - - - - - - - Notes - - - - - - - - - -
Interception 1.1 HAS been uploaded for review, and customers should have access to it shortly. It corrects all our outstanding bugs, and adds the the following features.
- Fixed "Shield Bug", where shields would not re-spawn correctly after resuming a game in progress.
- Fixed "Dud Rocket Bug", where rockets would occasionally vanish from play without exploding.
- Added vibration (for devices that support it) when cities are destroyed.
- Added numerous minor speed enhancements.
- Added high score ticker on the title screen as a temporary measure. We initially wanted online scorekeeping, but have been delayed in selecting a service or rolling our own. We've now decided to go with Open Feint, and version 1.2 of Interception will feature myriad achievements, as well as online leader boards!!! We're all very excited about finally getting online scoring, so it shouldn't be long.
Fireball Studios is interested in your feedback. E-Mail us at email@example.com or visit our website and forum at www.fireball-studios.net for support and information.
Thanks for playing!
What's New in Version 1.1
- FIxed "shield bug". Where shields would not re-spawn properly on application resume.
- Fixed "dud projectile bug". Where projectiles would occasionally vanish without exploding.
- Multiple minor speed enhancements.
- Added vibration on city destruction (on devices that support it).