Collins Latin Dictionary
By MobiSystems, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Collins Latin Dictionary offers the students and professionals studying Latin an extensive coverage of the language in a compact, portable format. Developed as part of the "Collins Education" stream, this dictionary is designed for all levels, for use at home, at school, or professionally.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* Fun and engaging word games like 'Hangman', 'Word scramble' and 'Anagrams' give the opportunity to use newly learned words
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 8.5.4
NEW! Invite friends - Share the app with your friends and let them know about this great reference tool!
NEW! Shortcuts for iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S+ and iPhone7 users only:
* invite and share with friends;
* review 'Word of the day' entries;
* access the camera look-up feature;
* search within the extensive database of the dictionary.
Mobi system's abusive "rate the app" pop-up
I have four paid dictionary apps, some were quite expensive, which have been taken over by this company. Each one now has a "rate the app" pop-up that blocks the screen and gives you only two options: "not now" or "rate 5 stars". Unless you rate this app five stars, this pop-up will continue to appear. Do not purchase, Collins Latin, Oxford Hackett French, Oxford Paravia Italian, or Oxford Duden German apps if you think this is abusive.
Like access to word origin info
I wish it had a widget to encourage a word per day for the young ones
Worth the Money!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 07, 2017
- Version: 8.5.4
- Size: 67.4 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan
- Seller: MobiSystems, Inc.
- © 2017 MobiSystems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.