Sun Seeker: 3D Augmented Reality Viewer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Provides a FLAT VIEW COMPASS and an AUGMENTED REALITY CAMERA 3-D VIEW showing the solar path, its hour intervals, its equinox, winter and summer solstice paths, rise and set times and more and a MAP VIEW showing solar direction for each daylight hour.
! New for iOS8 - Graphical widget showing today's solar data and position on arc !
* Real Estate Buyers - for finding the sun exposure of properties you are considering
* Gardeners - for finding optimal planting locations for current and seasonal solar exposure
* Photographers - for planning optimal light conditions
* Architects - for getting a feel for the spatial variability of the solar angle throughout the year
* All Sun Lovers! To find the sun, even when it is hidden by clouds or walls
* Uses GPS and magnetometer to find the correct solar position and path for your current location
* Flat compass view showing current solar position, diurnal solar angle and elevation (separated into day & night segments), shadow length ratio, atmospheric path thickness
* 3D augmented reality camera overlay view showing the sun's current position, its path with hour points marked
* Camera view also has an optional pointer to guide you towards the current location of the sun
* Map view showing solar direction arrows and elevations for each hour of the day
* Ability to choose any date and view solar path for that day
* Ability to choose any location on earth (includes 40,000+ cities or custom locations)
* Additional details including rise, set and culmination times, maximum elevation
* User option to include summer and winter solstice paths on both flat compass view and camera view
Videos, videos, videos
* Check out our YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ENGG6Drww
* Search YouTube for "Sun Seeker app" for many other videos created by enthusiastic users
* IMPORTANT - Please ensure that Settings / Location Services / System Settings / Compass Calibration is switched ON. The app's 3D view will not work without it!
* The compass accuracy depends on having an undistorted magnetic field around your device. If you use it close to metallic objects or electrical equipment, directional accuracy may be impaired.
What's New in Version 4.7.1
* Some appearance tweaks - most notably an improved sun symbol for compass view, map view and 3D view.
iOS integration is amazing. App amazing in general
This is really one of the best examples of an iPhone application I've ever seen. It thoroughly utilizes all the various facets of the hardware and user experience.
The thing that really made me jump in and write a review was the way that integrates with iOS Notification Center. A small graphic that shows the position of the sun throughout the day as well as various geometric figures regarding this. I sincerely hope, and beg, that the developers do the same thing for the Moon Seeker app that they also sell.
I've used this app to figure out how to place my ornamental plants where the light will be the best, to find the safest places to park my car away from the when I'm traveling with my dogs, and which windows need the most insulation in the summer and in the winter. It's also a way cool method just to see how the sun changes in different spots on earth as the seasons change!
Sunseeker is the best. We use it all the time for scouting. It's almost perfect - the only issue I have ever seen is that some times if we compare multiple people's sunseeker right next to each other they can be a bit off. Over all it's great though. I take screen shots with the sun overlaying the camera for scouting logs.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 13, 2015
- Version: 4.7.1
- Size: 9.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Seller: Ajnaware Pty Ltd
- © Ajnaware Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad.