Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
#3 Top Paid App in Hong Kong AppStore - 2009/10
Version 1.3 Updates
- Improved speed on Level 1 & 2
- Better indication of end game
- Option to enable/disable sound
Version 1.2 Updates
- Added sound effect when making a move
- Further fine-tuned AI
Version 1.1 Updates
- Fine-tuned AI
- Fixed forced-quit issues on some OS 3.1 devices
Xiangqi is a Chinese Chess engine. Now you can play games against your iPhone / iPod Touch ;-)
- 5 levels of strength
- You or the computer can play red side
- Computer vs computer mode
- Automatic game saving
- Undo a move made
- Optionally show possible moves
- Optionally show last move
- Optional sound effect
1 How to start a new game?
- Please click the space below the chess board, the left-most icon is for starting a new game.
2 How to change AI level?
- Please click the space below the chess board, the right-most icon is for game settings.
3 What is meaning of "12345" in game setting?
- The bigger the number, the longer the AI will 'think'.
Your suggestions and comments are welcome! Please visit our website.
- 5 個可選的電腦水平
What's New in Version 1.3
Sound effect added.
Not bad but stands improvement
This game is ok for it's price. But it will be 10 times or 100 times better if it has smart hint function. Therefore Chinese chess learner has a chance to better his skill and not losing frequently. I don't think anyone enjoy losing. By the way, just as a different point of view, the international chess app(西洋棋 app) is doing very good on this(smart hint function which provides fabulous recommendation), and player can always improve his skill. I believe in Chinese chess, we can do the same thing.
Game is great and worth the price
However I wish clicking on the lightbulb at the bottom will be like a hint button where it would suggest you to move instead of moving it for you. Also at the end of a game it the back button is dissapointingly disabled so you cannot replay the game. I also wish that there was a forward button in addition to the back button.
A little more suggestion
When I move the piece, it sounds twice. I really think the first sound is not necessary. For the hint option, I don't think you need to really move it. You can just show the arrow or line where it suggests to move because the player may have different thinking.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 03, 2009
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Horace Ho
- © Horace Ho
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.