Trainline - Get live train times & buy cheap rail tickets with our smart journey planner
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
#1 downloaded train app, join over 6.5 million people.
Book in advance to save 43% on average*.
Train travel made easy; plan your journey, check live train times & platform information in the palm of your hand. Buy tickets for any UK rail route in seconds!
We make train travel easy:
• Journey planning and train times.
• View live train departure boards.
• See what platform you depart from
• Recent and saved journeys on your home screen
• View station information including maps and local taxi numbers.
Buy tickets on the go:
• Buy tickets for any UK train route.
• Purchase tickets up to 10 minutes before boarding.
• Save your preferred payment card details.
• Collect from over 1,000 national rail stations.
• View ticket reference details in your app, even without a signal.
• Mobile ticketing available on selected routes**.
Buy tickets for all major UK train operators:
Abellio Greater Anglia
Arriva Trains Wales
East Midlands Trains
First Great Western
South West Trains
Virgin Trains East Coast
*Average savings with Advance fares vs purchase on the day of travel at the ticket office. Selected routes only, subject to availability.
**Mobile tickets are only available on selected routes.
What's New in Version 6.1
+ Share your train travels
Send your booked train departure and arrival times as a ticket image to your wife/colleague/BFF in one tap.
How do you find it? The share button is on the bottom of your ticket. Email it, Tweet it, Facebook it to your heart’s desire.
+ National Express coach sharing
You can share your National Express coach searches too. Email it to yourself to finish booking later, we’d suggest relaxing on the sofa with a cup of tea watching The Great British Bake Off, but hey, whatever works for you.
+ Seat Preferences get a little more flexible
Some of you have told us you’d like a seat but are chilled out as to where. Now you can set ‘no preference’ to seat placement when making a seat reservation. The train operator always makes their best effort to give you the seats you like and it’s a free request, so hit that button.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 12, 2015
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 43.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: thetrainline
- © Trainline.com Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.