King of Dragon Pass
By A Sharp, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create your own epic saga of conflict, mythology, and community! This acclaimed game of magical storytelling blends interactive stories and resource management. It’s set in Glorantha (the world of the games HeroQuest, RuneQuest, and soon 13th Age).
It’s immensely replayable, thanks to over 575 interactive scenes and two objectives. Short episodes and automatic saving mean you can play even when you only have a minute or two. The built-in saga writes down the story for you. And advisors with distinctive personalities help you track your cows.
The gorgeous hand-painted artwork won Best Visual Arts at the second Independent Games Festival.
• Everything in the game is utterly convincing and even years after release, the possibilities seem endless. (One of the 5 best strategy games ever made) [Rock, Paper, Shotgun]
• It's like they took the best parts of Civilization games and combined them with the best part of Choose Your Own Adventure style game books. … What I like most about King of Dragon Pass is the seemingly infinite possibilities that the game has. … I can't get enough of King of Dragon Pass. [Touch Arcade]
• A wholly unique adventure that has no equal on the iPhone. [Pocket Gamer]
• An interactive story with a level of complexity and brilliance that's rarely seen in video games. [Gamezebo]
• I am really happy to have found this game. It scratches so many itches: simulator, rpg, adventure book...Great work! I find myself playing it on both my iPad and iPhone. Very addictive!
• I got this game at 6pm tonight. It's now 4am, and I've hardly scratched the surface of the depth of this game.
• I now have a fun, engaging, thought provoking RPG on my iPhone, an RPG that fits in my purse and that I can play any time I want, not having to have my computer or Xbox 360 near me to do so.
• If Bioware remade Civilization they'd be lucky to end up half as good as King of Dragon Pass.
• It's impossible to describe the emotional tug you feel when an old and trusted advisor, who you've watched grow from a young upstart, dies of old age. Or when an exploration team disappears into the wilds, never to be heard from again. Or when a cursed clansman, shunned by his peers, sacrifices himself to stop a raid. This game will never leave my iPhone. That's the only accolade possible.
By the way, we are starting work on another storytelling game, “Six Ages.”
What's New in Version 2.3.1
Fixed image size on iPad on iOS 8
(Version 2.3 added 15 new scenes and new illustrations)
Interesting game, but has some flaws.
I love the concept of this game. The art is beautiful and it makes the game a lot more enjoyable. But this game has some flaws. I hate how the decisions you make have seemly random consequences. Also, raiding results seems very random. It feels like there is not much you can do other than accept some random consequences of your actions. Also, some events repeat themselves consecutively. For example, some old lady is found doing evil magic, I resolve this event, only to have the same event show up again a few minutes later. Also, hero quests are very boring and suffer from the same random consequences. But this time you end up losing one of your best clan member for seemly no reason.
I was shocked
This game is as realistic as the game's situation can get. For example, let's say for the sake of example you raid and fail so you go back in time, you might send stronger forces, but things might be different and if they are the same, the outcome might be different. What I'm saying is that you never completely have control, so maybe if you restart the year, half the things happened before might never happen the second time.
I've been playing this game for many years, and I love the updates that are released periodically. It is an investment up front and worth every penny. The gameplay provides a wide variety of situations, characters, and gods, as well as a fully fleshed out history of the land. I like to play this game over and over. Think "Choose Your Own Adventure" with dinosaurs, raiders, and magic. It's worth your time.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 27, 2014
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 325 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: A Sharp, LLC
- © 2011-2014 A Sharp, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.