King of Dragon Pass
By A Sharp, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create your own epic saga of conflict, mythology, and community! This acclaimed game of magical storytelling blends interactive stories and resource management. It’s set in Glorantha (the world of the games HeroQuest, RuneQuest, and soon 13th Age).
It’s immensely replayable, thanks to over 575 interactive scenes and two objectives. Short episodes and automatic saving mean you can play even when you only have a minute or two. The built-in saga writes down the story for you. And advisors with distinctive personalities help you track your cows.
The gorgeous hand-painted artwork won Best Visual Arts at the second Independent Games Festival.
• Everything in the game is utterly convincing and even years after release, the possibilities seem endless. (One of the 5 best strategy games ever made) [Rock, Paper, Shotgun]
• It's like they took the best parts of Civilization games and combined them with the best part of Choose Your Own Adventure style game books. … What I like most about King of Dragon Pass is the seemingly infinite possibilities that the game has. … I can't get enough of King of Dragon Pass. [Touch Arcade]
• A wholly unique adventure that has no equal on the iPhone. [Pocket Gamer]
• An interactive story with a level of complexity and brilliance that's rarely seen in video games. [Gamezebo]
• I am really happy to have found this game. It scratches so many itches: simulator, rpg, adventure book...Great work! I find myself playing it on both my iPad and iPhone. Very addictive!
• I got this game at 6pm tonight. It's now 4am, and I've hardly scratched the surface of the depth of this game.
• I now have a fun, engaging, thought provoking RPG on my iPhone, an RPG that fits in my purse and that I can play any time I want, not having to have my computer or Xbox 360 near me to do so.
• If Bioware remade Civilization they'd be lucky to end up half as good as King of Dragon Pass.
• It's impossible to describe the emotional tug you feel when an old and trusted advisor, who you've watched grow from a young upstart, dies of old age. Or when an exploration team disappears into the wilds, never to be heard from again. Or when a cursed clansman, shunned by his peers, sacrifices himself to stop a raid. This game will never leave my iPhone. That's the only accolade possible.
The game is completely accessible via VoiceOver.
By the way, we are working on another storytelling game, “Six Ages.”
What's New in Version 2.3.2
• Improved iOS 9 compatibility
• Fixed typos and minor bugs
• Fixed VoiceOver name
• Mention Six Ages, the sequel now in development
• 64-bit build for newer devices
• Now requires iOS 5.1.1
(Version 2.3 added 15 new scenes and new illustrations)
Great Fantasy Game
This game introduced me to the fantastic world of Glorantha. You take control of a clan that's part of an of Anglo-Saxon inspired folk known as the Storm Tribe. Gods and spirits have a great impact on daily life in Dragonpass, and you'll find yourself sacrificing silver, cattle, maybe even thrills to keep them happy. Many common fantasy races are present as allies or adversaries, but with a unique twist. Take the nomadic riders of Prax, who are forbidden from riding horses so they ride fantastic beasts such as antelope, rhinos, elephants, etc. Elves exist as xenophobic plant-men. Dwarves have a culture and society that is highly foreign to humanity. True dragons have the power of gods. Dragon-folk exist as the Dragonewts, creatures that evolve into more advanced forms, eventually becoming dragons over the eons, and reincarnate into new bodies as they die. Trolls are a race gifted with immortality and great strength, but cursed with infertility. This setting has such a rich and intriguing lore, it is well worth the time and monetary investment.
Best text based game I've ever played
If your looking for a game with a proper story and true immersive gameplay, then download this game. You will spend countless hours diving into the lore of the game and creating a story truly made by your actions. Unlike other games that say your choice influences the outcome of the game but barely does this one truly truly does. Also the game can go from extremely serious (being raided by chaos monsters who can lay waste to your most elite men) to light hearted humor (meeting duck warriors who want their stolen eggs back lol). Overall, in my opinion, this is the best app game out there.
This is an amazing, sit back and relax game that you can take your time and truly invest in. The lore is incredibly deep, which makes it easier to just become a part of the amazing world created by these incredible developers. Read the description and know what you're getting yourself into before you post unjustified complaints about KODP. If you find this while it's still on sale, don't hesitate. $5 is a steal for this game, and I can really say I'm excited to hear that a second game is in the making.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 10, 2015
- Version: 2.3.2
- Size: 331 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: A Sharp, LLC
- © 2011-2015 A Sharp, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.