King of Dragon Pass
By A Sharp, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Create your own epic saga of conflict, mythology, and community! This acclaimed game of magical storytelling blends interactive stories and resource management. It’s set in Glorantha (the world of the games RuneQuest, HeroQuest, and soon 13th Age).
It’s immensely replayable, thanks to over 575 interactive scenes and two objectives. Short episodes and automatic saving mean you can play even when you only have a minute or two. The built-in saga writes down the story for you. And advisors with distinctive personalities help you track your cows.
The gorgeous hand-painted artwork won Best Visual Arts at the second Independent Games Festival.
• Everything in the game is utterly convincing and even years after release, the possibilities seem endless. (One of the 5 best strategy games ever made) [Rock, Paper, Shotgun]
• It's like they took the best parts of Civilization games and combined them with the best part of Choose Your Own Adventure style game books. … What I like most about King of Dragon Pass is the seemingly infinite possibilities that the game has. … I can't get enough of King of Dragon Pass. [Touch Arcade]
• A wholly unique adventure that has no equal on the iPhone. [Pocket Gamer]
• An interactive story with a level of complexity and brilliance that's rarely seen in video games. [Gamezebo]
• I am really happy to have found this game. It scratches so many itches: simulator, rpg, adventure book...Great work! I find myself playing it on both my iPad and iPhone. Very addictive!
• I got this game at 6pm tonight. It's now 4am, and I've hardly scratched the surface of the depth of this game.
• I now have a fun, engaging, thought provoking RPG on my iPhone, an RPG that fits in my purse and that I can play any time I want, not having to have my computer or Xbox 360 near me to do so.
• If Bioware remade Civilization they'd be lucky to end up half as good as King of Dragon Pass.
• It's impossible to describe the emotional tug you feel when an old and trusted advisor, who you've watched grow from a young upstart, dies of old age. Or when an exploration team disappears into the wilds, never to be heard from again. Or when a cursed clansman, shunned by his peers, sacrifices himself to stop a raid. This game will never leave my iPhone. That's the only accolade possible.
The game is completely accessible via VoiceOver.
We are working on another storytelling game, “Six Ages.” It’s the spiritual successor to KoDP — see sixages.com.
What's New in Version 2.3.2
• Improved iOS 9 compatibility
• Fixed typos and minor bugs
• Fixed VoiceOver name
• Mention Six Ages, the sequel now in development
• 64-bit build for newer devices
• Now requires iOS 5.1.1
(Version 2.3 added 15 new scenes and new illustrations)
Rivals the Depth and Lore of Skyrim. Incredible.
So no everyone is going to agree on the title, that's fine. This game lets you dive into a Nordic culture where the spirits, gods and sacrifices make a profound difference in the life of your kinsmen. This game has 600+ frames of artwork and hundreds upon hundreds of unique events. Decisions that happen two years ago may bring prosperity or run. One of the more fascinating aspects is the hero questing, where a leader travels to the lands of the gods and pays homage. This event is the highlight of the year for your tribe and can bring great blessing or your leader can come home in pieces. It also makes you wonder about your ethics if you were a tribal leader. Raid and pillage your neighbor every fall? Clearly... They came to your clan hall and dropped a duce in front of your throne (true story). Moreover, it's a world that not clearly understood by any of the characters, leading to the mystery. Enjoy the music and some of the most complex gameplay you'll find in the App Store. The learning curve is there but worth the investment.
Basically the best game I've ever played.
I cannot express how much I love this game. It's extremely in depth and the replay value is amazing. I don't think it's actually $10 I think you'll be charged much less, but either way it's worth it. It's a large (100mb) file, but you can play it offline. There are no ads, and absolutely no disappointments. It's a better layout on an IPad, but the game is the same on my phone. I run two games very different from each other on my two devices. Great game for getting a 12+ kid interested in reading. Has the feel of a fantasy book like dragon lance novels, with the control of civilization. It is choose your own adventure style, but unlike other games that basically end up the same no matter what you decide, this game has tons of different paths to victory and defeat. Mad props to the creator of this game. I pray for the gods to bless them and for them to be inspired to add more or create a second sage or prequel.
Great Fantasy Game
This game introduced me to the fantastic world of Glorantha. You take control of a clan that's part of an of Anglo-Saxon inspired folk known as the Storm Tribe. Gods and spirits have a great impact on daily life in Dragonpass, and you'll find yourself sacrificing silver, cattle, maybe even thrills to keep them happy. Many common fantasy races are present as allies or adversaries, but with a unique twist. Take the nomadic riders of Prax, who are forbidden from riding horses so they ride fantastic beasts such as antelope, rhinos, elephants, etc. Elves exist as xenophobic plant-men. Dwarves have a culture and society that is highly foreign to humanity. True dragons have the power of gods. Dragon-folk exist as the Dragonewts, creatures that evolve into more advanced forms, eventually becoming dragons over the eons, and reincarnate into new bodies as they die. Trolls are a race gifted with immortality and great strength, but cursed with infertility. This setting has such a rich and intriguing lore, it is well worth the time and monetary investment.