By 24x7digital LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***** About.com Best Educational App Readers' Choice Awards 2013 - 2nd Place!
***** SmartAppsForKids.com 2012 Readers' Choice Top 10!
***** 2010 Best App Ever Awards - 2nd Place in Education!
TeachMe: Kindergarten is known as TeachMe: Reception in the UK.
TeachMe: Kindergarten is an educational iPhone/iPad/iPod touch app which teaches six different age appropriate subjects to Kindergarten aged children: sight words, addition, subtraction, spelling and now writing letters and numbers. Parents can select which subjects they want, set different difficulty levels, and even choose specific questions. Parents can review performance history for each subject to check how their child is doing.
TeachMe: Kindergarten keeps children engaged with a rather unique reward system where children earn a coin for every three correct answers. Coins can then be used to purchase stickers to place in fun sticker scenes or to purchase items for the new virtual aquarium. Sticker scenes can be exported as wallpaper or emailed to family and friends.
The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to the child which makes learning fun.
• Virtual Aquarium reward (4 types of fish and 40+ items)
• 6 different sticker reward scenes: farm, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, playground
• Over 150 different stickers for adding to scenes
• Save learning information for up to 40 students
• Select which subjects are displayed for each student
• Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
• Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
• Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
• Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
• Export sticker rewards scenes to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper
• Sight Words: Dolch (Pre-K), Dolch (K)
• Addition: up to a total of 10
• Subtraction: from 10 down
• Spelling: complete words by choosing the missing letter
• Letter Writing: how to write letters a-z, A-Z
• Number Writing: how to write numbers 0-9.
Email us at email@example.com for help & suggestions as we cannot respond to reviews.
Be sure to try the other apps in the TeachMe series: TeachMe: Toddler, TeachMe: 1st Grade, TeachMe: 2nd Grade, and TeachMe: 3rd Grade!
What's New in Version 4.1
• TeachTech writing recognition improvements.
• Various bug fixes and enhancements.
One of the best educational apps...but...
My four year old is learning things like crazy with this app. It gets more challenging as she gets better but stays the same if she isn't quite getting it. There are progress reports for parents. It let's me see how she is writing her letters and numbers. It's great! Crazy to see my tiny child understanding how to add and subtract and she is getting better and better at writing.
The one thing that would make it better is more options for rewards. She is bored of the stickers. She was playing all the time when she discovered the fish but now that's old news. It would be so great if there were other animals she could take care of. Kitties and puppies, etc. I am not sure how much longer she will play it without more variety of rewards to make it fun. If this changes she will love it forever and we will definitely be getting all of the rest in the series.
We are a homeschooling family and his is a really fantastic, affordable resource!
Great school app for 4 year old
I purchased this app for my four-year-old son the summer before he started kindergarten.
He loves this app even on a two hour delay before school starts. He loves to play this game.
The math is nicely done with pictures to represent addition and subtraction.
The reward system with stickers and fish tank make it a lot of fun to play while learning to spend coins that he has earned. We just purchased the whole bundle of teach me apps. So happy to have found such an educational and fun app for my child.
Get a head start!!!
I believe preparing kids before they start the school year can help them build confidence and keeps them interested in learning.
The best thing I like about TeachMe is that it provides many ways to monitor children's learning progress. Seeing the kids having fun feeding the fish is great too😊. It is really nice to see an App developer who cares so much about education. Thank you TeachMe!☺️
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 24, 2014
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 50.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 24x7digital LLC
- © 2009-2014 24x7digital LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.