Bing – Fast and beautiful mobile search engine
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Voted #5 of top 100 iPhone apps of 2016 by PC Mag!
Finding things to do on your iPhone can feel like a scavenger hunt across multiple apps. The Bing search app brings together the best of search while connecting you to the apps you trust to help you ‘find’ and ‘do’ faster and easier.
• Tap it. Discover it. Do it. Tap “Near me” for restaurants, attractions, gas stations, groceries and much more. Faster and easier to find new local places to love and deals you won’t want to miss. Or Go into “Deals” to browse offers, discounts, and coupons at retailers near you.
• Find it. Watch it. Book it. Discover great movies to watch, read reviews and tap to stream. Prefer to go out? Find new movies and showtimes and get tickets. Browse through restaurants, book a table and, when you are ready, get directions or a taxi right from the app.
• Scan it. Compare it. Buy it. Use the built-in barcode scanner to review products and compare prices at select major retailers (eg, Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, Target); tap to buy it online. One quick scan can save you both time and money.
Here’s what the press says about the Bing app:
• PC Mag: #5 of top 100 iPhone apps of 2016 (http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,3253,l=286654&a=286659&po=5,00.asp, April 15, 2016)
• Engadget: Bing for iPhone makes it easy to jump from search straight to your apps (http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/18/microsoft-bing-for-iphone-app-integration-update/, November 18, 2015)
“the new Bing app definitely feels like a more "mobile-native" search experience. Between voice integration, the quick access to local info without having to type and the integration with your app collection, Bing for iPhone is definitely worth a look if you want a deeper search experience.”
• The Verge: Microsoft overhauls its Bing for iPhone app to take on Google (http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/18/9754310/microsoft-bing-iphone-app-update, November 18, 2015)
“The new Bing for iPhone app does a good job of providing useful results that aren’t just a list of text or Wikipedia links. For films, Bing lists their Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB ratings, and even iOS apps like Netflix or iTunes where you can buy or rent titles. It’s even clever enough to remove options for Spotify for artists like Taylor Swift that keep their latest albums off of most streaming services.”
• Cult of Mac: Bing’s redesigned iPhone app focuses on instant answers (http://www.cultofmac.com/398079/bing-iphone-redesign/, November 18, 2015)
“When you conduct a search, it’s clear Bing tries very hard to figure out what you’re looking for and just give it to you. Displaying search results is the last resort.” “Finding what you’re looking for now takes much less time.”
• PC Mag: (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2497239,00.asp, December 31, 2015) “Bing makes it easy, and makes taking the next steps easier, with its app integrations. Add the bonuses of QR scanning, more-accessible privacy controls, Bing Rewards for gift cards and more, and you've got our Editors' Choice for iPhone search apps.”
*Some features are not available in all countries.
What's New in Version 6.6
•Music: One convenient feature in our app is the ability to search for a song, and play the video while following along with the lyrics. With the new Music shortcut on the homepage, it becomes even easier to get into trending songs.
•Price Comparison: A few releases ago we introduced a barcode scanner so you could compare prices while in a physical store. Now you can do the same while browsing shopping sites: tap the shopping icon in top left of the product page to find the best prices (available on the following sites: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy, CVS, eBay, Fry's Electronics, Half.com, Home Depot, Jet.com, Kohl's, Lowe's, Macy's, Rakuten, Rite Aid, Staples, Target, Toys "R" Us, and Walmart. We're working on adding more sites)
•Swipe right/left on the homepage to enter camera/voice mode quickly
•Previews start playing automatically with sound off on video search
•Camera search supports flash, zoom, and front facing camera
•Local search results can be refreshed by selecting a new region directly on the map
•A more intuitive interface for multiple tabs
•Write or doodle directly on a page before you share it
New Life New Search
It's time to embark on a new project after a long one. My scope of study is on a whole new field. This is a clean slate and none of my previous interests are affecting my research for prep. Can't wait to start producing a whole new French fry! Going from poetry to food services is a huge 180°. I like this format and it reminds me that it's time for new ways of thinking! Super easy and beautiful. Welcome to something to take from 2008 and straight into the come 2020s! Search on wandering seekers!
Great for students
Bings new features, constantly improving rewards program, and seemingly unbiased search results are great for a college student. The amount it searching I do everyday for both personal affairs and college related stuff translates to points I can use to even save a couple dollars on Amazon's textbook site. For me, that makes Bing's apps top of the line. Highly recommended
Interesting and very smooth app. Helpfull.
After using for 1 week, I love it many way already. It is my default browser now and also suggests so many related information i am interested in. Adding movies to netflix watch list or searching for something, it tops my satisfaction. Cherry on top, gives you credit for using it. 😃
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 16, 2016
- Version: 6.6
- Size: 41.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.