Magnifying Glass Lite
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The New York Times: Gadgetwise - App of the Week!!!
"Of the several [magnification apps] I tried my favorite is Magnifying Glass from I-Beam. The iPhone app is simplicity itself. Turn it on, point the camera at the fine print and then touch the plus button until it is enlarged enough to read...
"Two other built-in features I like about Magnifying Glass: the button that instantly resets the image to low magnification and the camera button which lets you take a photo of your close up." - Roy Furchgott, New York Times
Magnifying Glass is a convenient, fun, easy-to-use magnifying glass for your iPhone and iPad. With infinite zoom, the ability to rotate, freeze, filter and enhance the view, and full control over focus and exposure settings, Magnifying Glass is the most powerful app in its class. Magnifying Glass is also a fully functional zoomable camera! On top of that, it includes a built-in flashlight that is dimmable. Try it today to see why this was the New York Times app of the week!
Magnifying Glass allows you to set focus, torch, and exposure settings on the iPhone and iPad cameras, giving you full control over what you are seeing.
Magnifying Glass features include:
- Infinite digital zoom
- Fully functional zoomable camera
- Ability to freeze the view and further enhance an image
- Built-in flashlight - turn the iPhone torch on and off and have the ability to dim the light
- Rotate the images coming from the camera
- Eight different filters to enhance the live or frozen view
- Special high contrast image filter to reveal hidden details in low light
- Stabilization mode that ensures crisp and sharp images are captured
- Support for both the front and back cameras
- Several interface themes or skins so you can personalize the app to your liking
What's New in Version 3.6.2
- iOS 6 compatibility
- iPhone 4 compatibility
- Bug fixes
I'm Visually Handicapped
Have tested every low vision product from apps to digital readers.
This app is my preferred choice for magnification and if you have even the slightest challenge seeing menu's in low light or the labels in the grocery store - GET THIS APP.
ONLY complaint I have is the load time - could be improved launching the app.
Great tool, but...
It's an awesome app when working. Unfortunately it's not too stable. I'm using an iPad with iOS 9.2. Every couple of days it will open and immediately crash. I then have to delete the app and reinstall it and refresh to include the purchased upgrade. A bit annoying.
The bad review complaining about "Ads" it's senseless because you can purchase the "remove ads" whiting the app-- mean while it works great! Ads or no Ads it works fine for me.. Thanks developer 👍🏼
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 11, 2015
- Version: 3.6.2
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Jeff Hanel
- © I-Beam 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade$1.99