8tracks playlist radio - Free music app
By 8tracks Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
8tracks is the best playlist radio app for people who care about music to make & discover refreshingly human playlists.
Want a music player to help you listen to a playlist for a study, workout, yoga, or dating session? Looking for free music to stream like radio? 8tracks is the top music app to discover independent hip hop, EDM, indie rock, dubstep and more. Choose from nearly 2 million free playlists, each lovingly handcrafted by a real-life human being who listens to music as much as you. Enjoy millions of free songs curated by people around the world.
- Free radio app
- Audio ad free, pure uninterrupted streaming radio unlike Pandora
- Music community sharing and discovering new indie songs
- Creative playlists with a “soul” behind the music
- Music discovery for every imaginable genre, mood, or activity worldwide
- Less repetition
- YouTube & SoundCloud integration
Join 8tracks’ global community of 8 million monthly listeners and DJs. Stream for free today.
What's New in Version 3.3.36
New in 3.3.36:
- Bright and shiny update for your bright and shiny iPhone 7 and iOS 10
- 8tracks Plus, our subscription service that allows ad-free streaming, gif artwork, and other amazing features now in full swing
- Badges! If you’ve invested in 8tracks, you have a badge that lets everyone else know how important you are to us.
- Sprayed down with some pesticides to get rid of some pesky bugs
- Fix for iPhone 5s that were having trouble with playback
- Animated playlist covers like we’re in Harry Potter or something
- 8tracks Timeline: review playlists you’ve heard and upcoming playlists, travel through time and space
- Sleep timer: go to sleep whenever the heck you want without leaving the app running
- Tumblr sharing, in addition to Facebook, Twitter, text, email, link, Tinder (just kidding… maybe)
- Sidebar access to your playlist collections
New update is incredibly disappointing
Wow. I've loved this app for a few years now and used it almost every day, it's a great way to find new music that's different from your usual tastes but still related to some topic or genre you're interested in. This app gets me through hard times because I can always find the perfect playlist to cheer me up. That's why I'm giving it more than 1 star. Because a listening limit? What the hell?! I might cough up the 30 bucks because I am in a position where I can afford it, but a lot of people aren't going to do that! I could take the ads or even the 8 hour listening limit. But this is limiting your experience to the point of the app not even being usable anymore. A huge portion of the listening base are being alienated now- I am not the only angry comment in this section. 8Tracks, this is absolutely the wrong decision if you're trying to make more money. I don't want you guys to go under! If you change it back, even more ads would be fine. You're only going to lose profits and break up the community that 8tracks supposedly values because not everyone wants to pay for premium, and frankly, if you're charging this much there are other apps that are better worth the cost. I've been a steady user of this app, but I'm very angry and disappointed to hear about this limit. Please change something before you lose everything that made 8Tracks great.
Not the same
I have been using this app for years, and I've loved every minute of it. However, just when I opened the app to listen to one of my favorite playlists, it wouldn't let me. I soon discover that they are now charging money so you can listen to your favorite playlists. After years of being a dedicated user of this app, I am outraged. I've always used this app to help me with my mood no matter what it is. It's helped me find people with the same music taste.
So many others, including myself, are erasing this app due to the fact that it's not the same. I almost considered paying to use my favorite app once more. Unfortunately I don't have money to keep listening to my favorite playlists. 8tracks was a safe haven for me and many others to listen to music, no it's just a money grabbing app.
If they allow me to listen to my music for hours on end again, I will redownload the app. 8tracks has just lost someone having their app.
Been using for years, updates ruining it
I have been using this app for over three years now and use it very frequently with no problems. It's basically the only app I use for music and love it so much. The more recent updates have been putting limits on the number of songs you can listen to unless you pay to upgrade which honestly almost made me delete it because I thought that that was ridiculous. I had been using this app for so long and I can't even enjoy the entirety of my favorite playlists. I just now opened the app, needing some good music to listen to to help de-stress after a long day and saw that there is now a time limit of how long you can listen/use the app unless paying for the upgrade monthly. I'm honestly outraged. This was the last straw and I am deleting the app. I understand you need to make money somehow but this has basically ruined the app. I am not re-downloading unless this update is changed. I considered beginning to pay for the upgrade 2-3 months ago to support the app but now that it is basically required, I am not. I don't like how it forced you to with the past few years being mainly free.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 17, 2016
- Version: 3.3.36
- Size: 92.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 8tracks Inc.
- © 2015 8tracks Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 8tracks Plus Subscription$29.99
- 8tracks Plus Subscription$4.99
- 8tracks ad-free 1 year subscription$19.99