GV Connect - Call & SMS for Google Voice
By Andreas Amann
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GV Connect is the most feature-complete Google Voice application available for your iPhone or iPad — text, call, and interact with your existing GV accounts using a beautiful and streamlined interface that gives you full control over your account settings:
• Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number - enter number directly, select a contact from your device's contacts, or call back any number in your history. The application supports direct call, callback, and offline calling (see application website for a description of these calling modes)
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number - including support for long SMS, sending to multiple recipients at once, and support for non-English messages. Supports in-line replies with an iMessage-like interface
• Allows using the Fleksy Keyboard for the fastest typing experience available. Fleksy Keyboard lets you type without having to look at your screen. You can miss every letter and Fleksy will still figure out exactly what you meant to type.
• Automatically check for new SMS and voicemails - even when the application is in the background (requires iOS 7 or later)
• Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) - voicemails will show the transcription of the message when available
• Un/-archive messages, mark them as un-/read or starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, or delete conversations
• Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note text - supports continuing searches online for messages that have not yet been cached locally
• Messages are stored on your device for offline access
• Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb — including the option to have DND automatically expire at a specified time, message notifications, …)
• Add, verify, and remove forwarding phone numbers
• Quick Settings allow saving and restoring complete account settings (DND, forwarding, …) for easy switching between different profiles
• Support for automatic selection of Quick Settings based on current location (available as In-App Purchase)
• Direct access to your device's contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google
• Quick access to favorite phone numbers
• Universal application which runs optimized on iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad
• Optional application passcode lock
• Supports gesture navigation when typing text for easier placement of the cursor: swipe left/right with one or two fingers to move the caret position backwards/forward by character or word. Swipe left/right with three fingers to go to the beginning/end of the existing text
• Integrates with Talkatone to allow placing outgoing VoIP calls using your Google Talk account
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion including support for fill-in snippets
* Recipient of an honorable mention in the 2010 Best App Ever Awards *
NOTE: An existing Google Voice account with a GV phone number is required to use this application - signup for new Google Voice accounts is currently limited to residents of the US. Please note that GV Connect is NOT a VoIP application and will not allow making or receiving calls from an iPad/iPod Touch without a separate VoIP application.
GV Connect stores your account password securely in your device's Keychain for faster login when launching the application. All communication is done exclusively via secure connections (SSL) to the Google Voice servers owned and operated by Google and no contact information (other than the contact's phone number which is required to place a call or send a message) is sent to Google or any other party. All operations are fully synchronized with your Google Voice account.
Please read the FAQ section on the application website if you encounter any issues or use the feedback email link in its about screen to ask for support.
What's New in Version 2.2.4
• Make sure that the Voicemail view is selected when opening the application from a new voicemail notification
• Resolve issue where calls placed from within Gmail with Hangouts enabled wouldn't show up in the call history
• Fix incorrect toolbar button placement in conversation view on iOS 7.1
• Improve VoiceOver description in conversations to be less verbose before the actual message
• Improve accessibility for refresh control in message lists when VoiceOver is active
• Various bug fixes and stability improvements based on user-submitted reports
We don't feel comfortable interrupting your productivity to ask for a review but if you feel generous. like the application, and have a few minutes to spare please let us know about your experience by leaving a review.
Best Google Voice App
I've tried all the Voice apps in the App Store over the past few years and I think GV Connect is the best. It feels natural on the iPhone side of things and he has integrated Google features into it that make it feel familiar on the Google side as well (for example the use of icons like google uses for incoming, outgoing, etc). The developer is very responsive and this update addresses issues I just emailed him about. 5 Stars!
This app stands alone for Google Voice clients. I've tried ThinkMessge and the official Google app, but GV Connect comes out far ahead.
The app is stable and responsive, while offering all sorts of nerdy features like Text Expander and xcallback urls. The interface is compact; I appreciate the slightly smaller font which allows more info at a glance.
I hope to see push notifications in the future.
Best Google Voice App and keeps getting better!
A must-have app. With each new version the app gets better and better. The developer is good about answering support questions. The user interface of this app is far better than the other GV apps out there. My favorite latest feature is the way messages are displayed. Also, if you are a voice over user, this app is guaranteed to be accessible.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 13, 2014
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 8.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andreas Amann
- © 2009-2014 Andreas Amann
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Location Awareness$0.99
- Fleksy Keyboard Integration$0.99