iWordz - Mystery Words
By ViquaSoft Co., Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Only $0.99 for a limited time!! This is a word game you'll come back to time and time again!
iWordz is an addictive word game similiar to Hangman but with a twist. In iWordz, you have to guess words from their definitions one letter at a time.
You begin with 20 "life points" and you have to guess as many words as you can before your life points run out. You lose 1 life point each time you guess a letter wrong and you get life points back when you get a word right.
- You get 3 life points if you guess a word right without getting any letters wrong. This is called a "PERFECT".
- You get 2 life points if you guess a word right by getting only 1-2 letters wrong.
- Otherwise you get 1 life point back
iWordz is great for a quick brain tease when you have a few minutes. It's also fun to play with friends and family!
Another bonus is that it's great for expanding and refreshing your vocabulary - learn new words each time you play!
* More than 12,000 unique words - endless fun!
* Automatic game saving. Continue right where you left off.
* Challenge yourself and your friends! Submit highscores to the online leaderboards.
* Unlock OpenFeint achievements.
* It's educational! Learn new words, refresh your vocabulary.
Have fun and sharpen your mind at the same time with iWordz!
Power of iWordz.
iWordz is very esthetic, amusing application. The point of this game is to guess missing word with some clues given. Below is a short form of pros and cons of this application:
- Esthetic, clear and functional UI
- Hundreds of words to guess
- Easy controls and rules
- Open Feint Support and leaderboards
- Suitable to people who speak English very, very well. Some people may meet some problems because of complicated idioms and phrasals, as much as missing words as in the hints.
I would rate it 4-stars because of that, but UI and performance is too great to downgrade it.
Anyway - great game, if You like word puzzle - an instabuy, especially for this price!
Very solid word game
This is really a solid word game. Controls are great, the gameplay is fun. OpenFeint addition is very nice, although I would like to see other game modes like a timed option or a harder setting (fewer life points). For folks who enjoy word games and also like to improve vocabulary knowledge at the same time - this is a great buy. Nice job!
A little undecided
While I find the game a really great concept, it is lacking some in detail. A timer would be one improvement. The graphics are lacking. Most of the words are pretty common knowledge. To me, it is the equivalent of hangman without the graphics except you do get definitions to determine the word. For the price though, it is a pretty good little game.
- Category: Games
- Released: Feb 11, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 6.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ViquaSoft Co., Ltd.
- © 2010 ViquaSoft Co., Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.