Inspire Pro — Paint it. Blend it. Love it.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Available exclusively on the App Store, meticulously designed to be beautifully powerful and painstakingly engineered for the 64-bit CPU and multi-core GPU of iPad — Inspire Pro delivers an incredibly fast and realistic painting, drawing and sketching experience that you can take with you wherever you go and use whenever inspiration strikes.
Our proprietary painting engine Sorcery™, based on OpenGL, takes full advantage of the GPU to render brush strokes with brilliant 64-bit color, laser-sharp sub-pixel precision and insanely fast speed. While the strokes of a wet oil paint brush look beautiful on their own, the breathtaking blending effects of a dry brush will absolutely stun you. Graze the canvas with just a bit of pressure to add a subtle blur to your artwork or use stronger pressure to actually mix existing colors on the canvas together to create new ones.
With no instruction manual or handbook required, whether you are a beginner, expert or somewhere in-between, you will enjoy the simplicity and power of the most intuitive and compelling illustration app for iPad, Inspire Pro.
● 70 high quality brushes to choose from, divided into 7 sets: Oil Paint, Airbrushes, Basic Shapes, Graphite Pencils, Wax Crayons, Markers and Chalk
● 60 more brushes are available in the Inspire Pro Shop, divided into 6 sets: Complex Shapes, Paint Splatter, Spray Paint, Shape Outlines, Charcoal and Patterns
● All brushes can be used as a Wet Brush, Dry Brush (Blending) or Eraser
● Over 20 different settings are available to customize brush strokes with powerful versatility and variation
● Sorcery™, the fastest 64-bit painting engine on the App Store
● Full-fledged Apple Pencil support for pressure, tilt angle and orientation
● Create a canvas of any size up to 16K (64MP) on iPad Pro, 8K (32MP) on iPad Air 2 and 4K (16MP) on iPad Air
● Dual-texture brushes
● 64-bit color
● All device orientations are supported all the time — switch from portrait to landscape painting with ease
● 1000 levels of undo and redo are available
● 3 finger pan gestures can be used to quickly change brush size, opacity and pressure without opening a menu
● The eyedropper tool can be used with a touch and hold gesture to select paint colors from the canvas
● The canvas can be moved around, rotated and zoomed in and out up to 6400%
Canvas Playback Video Recording
● Brush strokes are automatically recorded as you paint without any delay
● You can play the video of your artwork being created stroke-by-stroke directly in the gallery
● A Canvas Playback video can be exported to your Photos, Email, iTunes Documents or Dropbox
● Exported videos are high quality HD at up to 1080p resolution
● Choose any paint color you can dream of with the intuitive color picker
● HSB and RGB sliders accompany a large color circle, color square and opacity slider
● Your latest colors are saved to a palette automatically while you paint
● You can also save your favorite colors to a palette with drag and drop
Saving, Importing and Exporting
● Paintings are automatically saved in your gallery and easily exported to your Photos
● Inspire Pro files include your artwork's image, video and all associated metadata, for the ultimate back-up
● Images can be imported from your Photos, iTunes, Dropbox or the camera and positioned, rotated and scaled onto a new canvas
● Paintings can be sent via email from within the app
● Paintings can be uploaded directly to Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter and Flickr
● Paintings can be printed from within the app (AirPrint printer required) or ordered online through CanvasPop
Visit snowCanoe.com to check out more screenshots, videos and artwork.
What's New in Version 3.2
iPad Pro & Apple Pencil
● Fully tested and optimized for the new 9.7-inch iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
● You can now specify a pressure curve with a new UI in the Options menu that modulates the value of applied pressure with Apple Pencil into a different value that gets communicated to the painting engine for rendering brush strokes
● The Apple Pencil tilt angle can now precisely affect the uniform opacity of a brush stroke, specified with a slider in the Angle category of the Stroke menu
● The opacity of brush strokes fading in real-time, from opaque to transparent, in the direction of the Apple Pencil orientation, is now controlled with a switch in the Angle category of the Stroke menu
● The rotation of a brush throughout a stroke can now follow the exact orientation of Apple Pencil, specified with a switch in the Angle category of the Stroke menu
● Support for third-party pressure sensitive styli has been removed for iPad Pro
● The black and white buttons at the top-left of the Color menu have been replaced with two new mode buttons that allow you to change the UI to help you choose the exact color that you’re looking for — if you liked having the black and white buttons in the menu for convenience, you can always add these colors to the Favorite palette
● The first new mode adds a color square to the menu that allows you to choose the saturation and brightness of a new paint color more precisely
● The second new mode adds RGB sliders to the existing HSB sliders and displays the values of all parameters to help you choose an exact color to work with
Canvas Size Menu
● There is a new button in the Canvas Size menu that allows you to conveniently swap the width and height of a new canvas quickly and easily, without having to rotate your device or bring up the keyboard
● You can now see the maximum dimension in pixels and total size in MP allowed for your device, when creating a new canvas, in the Dimensions description of the Canvas Size menu’s context sensitive info
● Many small refinements to the UI
● Several bug fixes
I have been using this for years
I have had this app for 2-3 years now and I have to say I love it. I had it on my iPad 4 and it was the first app I downloaded when I got my pro. I am an art student and I use it daily. It has great options for the brushes, and of course there is the option to buy more which I have yet to do (but will eventually). The set that comes with it is great so you don't feel rushed to get more, which as a broke college student is a good thing. My only complaint is I really really wish they would add layers! I have one art app I rank above this one and it only wins because it gives me a 3 layer pad to work with. If they were to add layers I'd personally consider it the best art app out there (and I've tried 40+ apps)
This app is ok, but I was really expecting it to be closer to being able to paint. It's not. For example, the Apple Pencil support is limited to only certain brushes. If I'm using the palette knife, I have to adjust the angle in a menu, not by rotating the pencil. Useless. None of the pencil support applies to any of the oil painting brushes at all. You can't really "dab" the brush at all in a realistic way without going into menus and adjusting the flow of paint etc.
I was also expecting better sketching pencils. There are only a couple, and they are all graphite, soft pencils. Not great for sketching. Again, if I go into menus a lot, I can adjust, but there<s too much menu work for my taste.
Last gripe: if you hold the pencil to the canvas for more than a second, you inadvertently change colors. Maybe this is a feature...
Can see potential!
I just recently purchased the program while looking for another paint / charcoal / pastel app for artwork and live demos and teaching. I was a little let down at having to purchase additional expanded brushes after paying for the app. I was also not as happy with the work flow utilizing the Intuos Creative Stylus 2. Have continued testing to get consistent smooth lines. Overall great app, will continue to use it often!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 03, 2016
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 208 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: snowCanoe
- © 2016 snowCanoe
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Paint Splatter Brush Set$1.99
- Spray Paint Brush Set$1.99
- Charcoal Brush Set$1.99
- Complex Shapes Brush Set$0.99
- Shape Outlines Brush Set$0.99
- Patterns Brush Set$0.99