By StoryCorps, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Founded in 2003, the nonprofit organization StoryCorps, based in Brooklyn, New York has given 100,000 people the chance to record interviews about their lives, pass wisdom from one generation to the next, and leave a legacy for the future. It is the largest single collection of human voices ever gathered.
StoryCorps shares edited excerpts of these stories with the world through popular weekly NPR broadcasts, animated shorts, digital platforms, and best-selling books. These powerful conversations illustrate our shared humanity and show how much more we share in common than divides us.
StoryCorps interviews have traditionally been recorded in StoryCorps booths in the United States with the assistance of StoryCorps facilitators. With the introduction of this app, StoryCorps interviews can now be recorded anywhere, anytime and shared to our companion website at StoryCorps.me. For at least one year after launch, interviews shared to StoryCorps.me through the app will be archived at the American Folklife Center at the United States Library of Congress.
To learn more, visit StoryCorps.org and StoryCorps.me.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
Thanks so much for being a part of this new and exciting project! This version has been optimized for performance and stability.
We'd love to hear your feedback, any issues you experience or ideas you have for the platform at email@example.com.
-- Your friends at StoryCorps
Great idea but rough around the edges
I've been recording my 96 year old Mom and love the concept but...
1. It needs a pause button so you can stop the recording at any time, then resume.
2. It needs an editing function to be able to cut out long pauses, coughing spells, dog barking, etc.
3. It would be nice to be able to share a recording with just a select group rather than the current option of the whole world.
4. The upload is very slow to non-functional, and I don't know if I can go to other apps while uploading. I don't think so...
5. A real plus would be to be able to listen in high speed, and to do so without changing the pitch of the voice.
Still need work
What sdcsailing said plus the need for a search function. While the filter keywords is nice it is a bit cumbersome to find a specific item
Exactly what I was looking for. Next update should include option to videotape recording.