By Ginger Labs
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, create checklists, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Streamline your workflow to be fully paper-free.
- It's easy to keep yourself organized across devices and platforms.
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
- Multitasking enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture.
- While editing a note in Notability, you can view other files in the Files app at the same time.
- Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability. Share your favorite sketch by dragging it to Messages or Mail and send it along!
- 3D Touch makes it faster than ever to start a new note, and open recently viewed notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Ink is fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Interactive checklists.
- Text can be searched, selected and highlighted.
- The typing experience is uniquely tailored for each device, giving you an optimal experience wherever you take your notes.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs, IMAGES, AND GIFS
- Import PDF, DOC, PPT, image files, and GIFs from other apps into the library or into notes.
- Annotate lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import or take pictures of relevant information to annotate.
- Import Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as PDFs.
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes link to recordings automatically, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Provide audio and handwritten feedback that is linked together within the note.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive and more.
- Move note content to other apps like Messages or Mail, and share with Drag and Drop.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Retrieve previous versions of your note to ensure safety.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or OneDrive - including business and school accounts - can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT (MDM)
- Schools and enterprises can configure Notability to manage access to features such as cloud services, Giphy, etc.
- For more information about MDM visit support.gingerlabs.com
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 7.0.2
*** What's new in 7.0.2 ***
• Added support for Managed App Configuration through Mobile Device Management.
▸ Schools and enterprises can configure Notability to manage access to features like cloud services and Giphy.
▸ For more information about Managed App Configuration visit support.gingerlabs.com.
*** Bug fixes in 7.0.2 ***
• In iOS 11, handwriting near the bottom of the screen no longer accidentally activates the dock
• Restored the ability to drag multiple notes or select all notes within a subject
• Fixed an issue where font favorites were not saved properly
• Fixed an issue where some PDFs did not load properly
• Fixed an issue where page navigation interfered with handwritten note taking
• Fixed crashes when the keyboard is displayed during multitasking
• Box: Fixed issues with international characters
• OneDrive: Fixed a problem with long names in files and folders
*** Bug fixes in 7.0.1 ***
• Fixed an issue with connecting to WebDAV servers
• Fixed an issue with activating hyperlinks in PDFs
• Fixed a crash when taking pictures on iOS 11
• Fixed a crash when backing up notes to Google Drive
• Fixed a crash when editing text in left-handed mode on iOS 9
• Fixed a crash when displaying the volume options of a recording
• Bringing up the dock no longer interferes with Notability's buttons and controls
• Other miscellaneous improvements and fixes
*** What's New in 7.0 ***
• iOS 11 Integration
• Drag and Drop (iOS 11 Only)
▸ Tap+hold+move to start a drag
▸ Import files from other apps by dragging a file onto Notability's icon or using split screen
▸ Drag handwriting, images, gifs, text, audio files or pdfs in and out of your notes
▸ Drag .notes, PDFs and Audio files into the Notability library
▸ Within Notability, you can drag and drop selections within notes and subjects and dividers in the library view.
• Box Improvements:
▸ Added support for business accounts, Single Sign On (SSO) and Entreprise Mobility Management (EMM)
• Bug fixes:
▸ Fixed various bugs specific to iOS 11
▸ Made typing faster and more responsive
▸ Fixed a crash that happened while typing in split view mode
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
Best note taking app for college students
I’m a college student, and I love this app paired with my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. I take notes for every class on it. With the Apple Pencil, everything works so flawlessly and seamlessly.
I only have two complaints:
1. More colors! I feel like I’m so confined by the 32 colors! I love the second page because they’re less harsh, but I wish there were more colors. I would even buy them in a separate add on package because that’s how much I want more colors.
2. The ability to view two pages at the same time. Since I take notes on here for every class, I’d love to be able to see notes side by side. It would be extremely helpful, especially for my chemistry classes where I do homework problems and refer to my notes.
Thank you for this wonderful app! I will probably never find a better alternative :) although, if more colors and the ability to view notes side by side became an option (like in landscape mode perhaps or picture-in-picture), then I would love it even more.
This IS my note-taking app. Apple tried. And failed. Get Noteability.
PDF handling. Locked folders. Both necessities to me. Apple tried these. And failed. Apple tried drawing, too. No match. Apple’s notes app is still a notability wannabe.
Easily export a web page to notability. Or a PDF. I have cound that, if I open notability first and open the target folder, the web page or PDF I’m about to save goes handily right into that folder: no need to move it.
I still gripe to myself about the font-size compatibility between devices, but I’ve found a happy medium. So I’ll drop it. Otherwise, this is THE note-taking app.
Latest Update Causes Notes to Download Again
Love Notability but the iOS 11 updates seem to cause issues on both my iPad Pro and my iPhone 7 Plus. Both devices had to download my notes from iCloud again. Now the iPhone version is even worse because I have to keep downloading all my notes every time I open the app which is frustrating because I have hundreds of notes. I had similar issues with notes needing to be downloaded again on High Sierra on my Mac. So I’m assuming there is something going on with the newer features they added because I’ve never had any problems before since they added iOS 11 and High Sierra support.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 10, 2017
- Version: 7.0.2
- Size: 131 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99