SCRABBLE for iPad
By Electronic Arts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CONNECT WITH FRIENDS. PLAY WITH WORDS. Get a game of SCRABBLE going with just about anyone – or play solo against the computer! Plus, now you can play SCRABBLE in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, or Brazilian Portuguese.
WHO WILL YOU PLAY?
• Challenge friends via Facebook and more
• Find an instant opponent with a single touch
• Play solo against the computer to improve your skills
• Get numerous games going at once – more than any word game on the App Store
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
Connect to Facebook and share your best scores. You can even talk a good game with enhanced chat and notification features.
IMPROVE YOUR SCORES WITH THE TEACHER
Become a SCRABBLE master with the exclusive “Teacher” feature - see what your best word could have been after every turn.
LOSS FOR WORDS?
Use the in-game word list, built-in official SCRABBLE dictionary, or the exclusive Best Word feature to see your highest scoring choices.
Want to recreate the feeling of a real-time in-person game? Try the new Speed Play mode where you and your opponent agree to 2 or 5 minute turns. If words aren't played in time, nudge and forfeit options are unlocked.
View every detail on the board with HD-quality graphics made to maximize the Retina display.
Ready for the first and last word in word games? Don’t accept imitations. Just say, “LET’S PLAY SCRABBLE!
What's New in Version 3.8.0
Hey SCRABBLE fans! We’ve made some behind-the-scenes changes to improve the overall gameplay. Update now and play against a computer or challenge friends with Speed Play. As always, thanks for playing.
As compared to Words With Friends
-- quicker play time, as players cannot wait two weeks to make their next play as they can in WWF
-- love the Teacher feature, which allows me to see moves I could have made and therefore makes me a better player
-- I grew up with Scrabble, I like that they have official lists and dictionaries that they use and that I can download, there is lots of online support from regional Scrabble clubs like lists of all the two and three letter words
-- there have been perfectly legit words that I've tried to play in WWF that it would not take, one was "realtor"
-- my only critique of Scrabble app is that it crashes a great deal when I am trying to play timed games with random opponents, and when it does I lose the game and so it brings down my ranking ; I am better off playing random opponents in u timed games, as they move very quickly and without computer glitches, must remember to hit Refresh button from time to time
Good, but there are areas that need work.
1. The "teacher" function times out too quickly when playing against the computer. It should wait until dismissed by the user.
2. The color of the letters shown when the teacher show what you could have played need to be a sharply contrasting color so that they don't blend with what's already on the board.
3. When you go out looking for a random opponent, you should be able to specify an ELO range. If you're a 1400 level player, you don't want to waste time avoiding 900 level players, and vice versa.
4. There should be a confirmation when you hit the Play button. It's too easy to hit Play when you meant to hit Recall.
5. Clearing the lookup box needs work. There are times when the valid-word/invalid word message doesn't get cleared when the box gets cleared, which looks stupid.
6. The keyboard does not need to pop up when the user clears the lookup box by hitting the little x symbol. Particularly when playing in the mode where you hand the tablet around, you don't want the next opponent to see what you looked up, because that gives away your hand. You just want the box to clear; youdon't want the keyboard to pop up. Let the keyboard pop up only when the user taps the lookup box itself.
Fix these issues and you've got a killer app!
Don't like some of the words
Still 3 stars, even though I play it frequently. Looked up "cavernous" and "questioner" and they are both words in the assigned dictionary, but was not allowed to use them. My "two-letter words" and the ones on my husband's ipad are different....his has fewer.
This was an old review: Actually, don't like a lot of them. They might be in the dictionary, but there are way too many foreign words that are probably more recent. Lots of misspells, too. I check online for a spelling if I think it is incorrect. Also, don't understand how my version and my husband's can have different two-letter words. Or, how a word is accepted on my iPad, but not his. Both are up-to-date.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 27, 2015
- Version: 3.8.0
- Size: 39.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Electronic Arts Inc.
- © 2013 Electronic Arts Inc.Inc. © 2013 Hasbro. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.