Graphic - illustration and design
By Indeeo, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Graphic is a full-featured graphic design and illustration application for iPad. True desktop-class editing and illustration tools on the go.
"...the iOS’ answer to Adobe Illustrator" - Padgadget
"Finally, Professional Vector Editing Comes to the iPad; 9/10" - AppStorm.net
"Numerous options; easy to use" - Macworld
Graphic has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create complex designs quickly and easily, even on the go.
Easily share designs with the Mac and iPhone versions of Graphic using iCloud or Dropbox.
- Photoshop PSD import/export
- PDF and SVG import/export
- Layer FX - shadows, glows, multiple strokes and fills, etc.
- Multi-color linear, radial, and angle gradients
- Shape libraries
- Dimension labels with precision settings
- Boolean path combinations
- Canvas scale, Rulers, and units (mm, cm, inches)
- Pen tool multi-point selection and editing
- Smart alignment guides and point snapping
- Magnifier Loupe
- Dropbox Integration
Layers, Text, Images, Object Groups, Multi-color Gradients, RGB / HSB / Hex color pickers, Brushes, Bezier Pen Tool, customizable Canvas Styles, Grid and Smart Guide Snapping, Image Masking, vector-based PDF and SVG file import/export, and much more!
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching
- Essential set of shape tools
- Multiple Layers allowing you to create complex designs
- Powerful Pen tool for creating custom shapes
- Color picker wheel / RGB and HSB sliders / Hex colors
- Magnifier Loupe
- Eraser Tool
- Unlimited Layers
- Linear, radial, and angle multi-color gradients
- Multi-style text support, TrueType (.ttf) font import
- Text gradients and text path clipping
- Convert Text to Paths, Place Text on Path
- Apply shadows and effects to shapes, text, and images
- Rotate, scale, and shear transform tools
- Snap to Grid, Smart Alignment Guides, and Point Snapping
- Line dash and arrow styles
- Image fill masking and cropping
- Canvas Styles
EXPORT / SHARE
- Export drawings as vector-based PDF and SVG files
- Export layered Photoshop PSD files
- Export transparent PNG or JPEG images
- Save and Import from Dropbox
- Sync designs using iCloud
- Save designs to your Photos Library
- Send designs via email
- Send designs directly to other iPad application
- Copy and paste to and from other iPad applications
- AirPrint document printing
What's New in Version 3.0
- Optimized for iOS 9
- Support for split-screen multitasking with Split View and Slide Over
iDraw is now Autodesk Graphic, available for Mac, iPad, and the iPhone!
Create and share designs easily across all of your devices, and sync documents seamlessly with iCloud. Now view and edit your designs from anywhere using the new full-featured iPhone version.
Replaced Illustrator Somewhat
A few years ago, I needed a vector drawing app that would enable me to create Illustrator type drawings on my iPad. I discovered iDraw after searching the App Store. It's a fantastic app that's replaced Illustrator as my go to app for quick drawings and design. I've used it to design simple logos and complex illustrations which I exported to illustrator for final rendering. It has a full set of tools and features. I've used the path tool, layers, type path, shape libraries to name a few. Drawing on the iPad puts you in touch with your art. It reminds me of the way it was before computers. Back then you actually touched and felt your work. This app combined with the iPad brings back some of that experience.
A big reason I have iDraw is because I don't like the AutoDesk vector apps. Please don't mess up this app!
For an iPad app, this is a powerhouse. I am a professional graphic artist and I am blown away by how this app compares to Illustrator and CorelDRAW. There's only so much that can be packed into a vector drawing app on iOS, and it has been done expertly here.
It is far better than any other iOS vector app, and even has some great features that PC/Mac vector programs don't. It has increased my productivity considerably. I always have my iPad with me, so I can work on designs anywhere, at any time, and still achieve professional results.
Is this the iDraw that I've known and loved for the past few years?
I think so - looks pretty much the same, aside from the Autodesk boilerplate.
The developers of iDraw created a brilliant app, they deserve a generous payoff, and I hope they got it. Your loyal users will miss you ..... a lot!
I hope Autodesk will continue to improve things for us. I'd love to see some changes to the user interface, changes to make the app more efficient, and more pleasant to use.
I've been in contact with support asking for a change to allow moving objects without obscuring them with one's finger, or relying on the loupe. The app Procreate does this amazingly well. I just hope Autodesk isn't to proud to borrow great ideas from others.
Time will tell if this is a good thing for us users. I've got my fingers crossed...