Graphic - illustration and design
By Indeeo, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Graphic is a full-featured graphic design and illustration application for iPad. True desktop-class editing and illustration tools on the go.
"...the iOS’ answer to Adobe Illustrator" - Padgadget
"Finally, Professional Vector Editing Comes to the iPad; 9/10" - AppStorm.net
"Numerous options; easy to use" - Macworld
Graphic has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create complex designs quickly and easily, even on the go.
Easily share designs with the Mac and iPhone versions of Graphic using iCloud or Dropbox.
- Photoshop PSD import/export
- PDF and SVG import/export
- Layer FX - shadows, glows, multiple strokes and fills, etc.
- Multi-color linear, radial, and angle gradients
- Shape libraries
- Dimension labels with precision settings
- Boolean path combinations
- Canvas scale, Rulers, and units (mm, cm, inches)
- Pen tool multi-point selection and editing
- Smart alignment guides and point snapping
- Magnifier Loupe
- Dropbox Integration
Layers, Text, Images, Object Groups, Multi-color Gradients, RGB / HSB / Hex color pickers, Brushes, Bezier Pen Tool, customizable Canvas Styles, Grid and Smart Guide Snapping, Image Masking, vector-based PDF and SVG file import/export, and much more!
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching
- Essential set of shape tools
- Multiple Layers allowing you to create complex designs
- Powerful Pen tool for creating custom shapes
- Color picker wheel / RGB and HSB sliders / Hex colors
- Magnifier Loupe
- Eraser Tool
- Unlimited Layers
- Linear, radial, and angle multi-color gradients
- Multi-style text support, TrueType (.ttf) font import
- Text gradients and text path clipping
- Convert Text to Paths, Place Text on Path
- Apply shadows and effects to shapes, text, and images
- Rotate, scale, and shear transform tools
- Snap to Grid, Smart Alignment Guides, and Point Snapping
- Line dash and arrow styles
- Image fill masking and cropping
- Canvas Styles
EXPORT / SHARE
- Export drawings as vector-based PDF and SVG files
- Export layered Photoshop PSD files
- Export transparent PNG or JPEG images
- Save and Import from Dropbox
- Sync designs using iCloud
- Save designs to your Photos Library
- Send designs via email
- Send designs directly to other iPad application
- Copy and paste to and from other iPad applications
- AirPrint document printing
What's New in Version 3.1
- New variable-width brush strokes
- Pressure-sensitive drawing support for the Apple Pencil
- Brush shape editor UI, save and re-use brush styles
- 16k x 16k canvas sizes (exclusive to iPad Pro)
- Multi-document support / Document tabs (exclusive to iPad Pro)
Wish it had more freehand options
This app has a smooth, logical interface that works well. To date I have found no bugs, and everything works as expected. I do wish it had some additional freehand drawing tools, such as a reshape tool and a smooth tool. The brush and freehand tool does have a "smoothness" setting, but after you draw the line, there is no easy way to change it other than by getting into point editing. A reshape tool would allow you to draw over an existing line to change its shape. A smooth tool would let you rub over an existing line to smooth it out and reduce the number of points. These tools would make the app work better with the Apple pencil and other styluses.
Good to an extent
It's not a terrible app, especially for a device like an iPad. But for the price of it, I was pretty disappointed. It's very frustrating going from using the brush or pencil to the eraser and having to deselect the last line you've drawn. I'm not even sure why they would design it like that. Once you use so many strokes--which it saves each and every one as an individual shape--it lags. A lot. To the point where when I touch the pencil to the screen it takes about a second to final register and start drawing the line, which is awful to try and work with. It's just not fun to use for drawing. I can see it working really well for vector art, but other than that, I'd rather not even use it. Currently trying to find a different app to use for drawing.
Nearly, but not quite perfect
The only major thing I'm missing is keyboard support. The application entirely ignores a connected bluetooth keyboard. With the iPad pro, there is no excuse for not having keyboard shortcuts to access the various tools and UI.
Other than that major omission, there are only minor UI annoyances, for example, the brush tools and palette auto-hides when you touch anywhere outside the palette (or select a brush) - it would be much more convenient if it could be dragged around and left in place without having to tap a tiny icon every time I want to select a brush or tweak a parameter.
Same goes for the color palette and the various property panels. Confusingly, the layers panel stays open and forces you to close it explicitly, unlike all of the other UI elements in Graphic.
It'd be a perfect 5 stars if you fix these inconsistencies and add keyboard shortcuts for the various tools (and parameters!)
Bonus points if you add the ability to customize the shortcuts to make them match the keys I'm used to. If customizable shortcuts is asking too much then at least mimic Illustrator, as a first step.