The Opera Mini web browser for iOS lets you do everything you want to online without wasting your data plan. It’s a fast, safe mobile web browser that saves you tons of data.
* Sleek new look - Our new, lightweight design makes it easier to find what you need and do what you came online to do.
* Get the latest news - The start page keeps everything in one place. Choose the categories you’re interested in and Opera Mini will serve you the top stories and freshest content from across the web.
Why Choose Opera Mini?
* Faster browsing - Choose from search results that appear as you type; quickly access previously visited pages.
* Block ads - Save your screen space for the content you want to see and speed up browsing.
* Data savings - Reduce mobile data usage by up to 90%.
* Unlimited tabs - Open and view as many tabs as you’d like.
* Privacy - Use private tabs to browse incognito without leaving a trace on your device.
* Smart night mode - Bye-bye, sore eyes. Night mode lets you read more comfortably in the dark.
* Video boost - Turn it on to save tons of data on video. Pro tip: Video boost also reduces buffering.
* Home screen search - Use your device's Spotlight Search to access your Speed Dial entries. Just drag down on your home screen and start typing.
More than 250 million people depend on Opera Mini to help them browse more content, faster, even on congested and sluggish networks.
Install it. Try it. Love it.
- Fixed the problem with UI becoming unresponsive
- Various stability and performance fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the Desktop Browser
Opera is, as it has always been, a step ahead of the competition. With the incorporation of a free VPN and ad-blocker into the browser itself, it’s truly a fierce competitor. I mean, they were the creators of tabbed browsing and a speed dial homepage. (Yup that’s right - google stole the idea from them) When I first downloaded this browser app, it was amazing. Super fast, incredible reliant. However, I am sadly starting to have more a more issues with it, including a very annoying inability to type on many web pages on first try. This result in me having to refresh the page in order to type (like in a search bar or login) which is a hassle. The next problem I have is with the recommended pages. Sometimes there is inappropriate content on the home page, regardless of the fact that I NEVER Search for that kind of content (really Opera?) I fear the day when someone is looking over my shoulder and I open my Opera browser and BAM (inappropriate articles). I really hope they can fix this. Opera is usually my go to browser.
I don’t know who approved of this idea for the homepage or why, because it’s the antithesis to an adblock browser if I’m seeing any ads I haven’t whitelisted.
Endless amounts of news take up the majority of the space and squeezes the search engine, bookmarks and speed dial into tiny corners. When you open a new tab, it redirects to the homepage, once again hogging the screen.
If this can be changed in a future update, I’ll give Opera Mini the four stars I think it deserves. It’s really good as far as adblock browsers go and has a nice, minimalist design that looks pretty good even on my old phone. It’s not particularly buggy, and even has useful features for certain sites. I’m gonna keep using it for these reasons but the homepage really needs love.
Opera used to be the best browser alternative hands down. Now it’s atrocious. The only reason I’m giving it more than one star is because I appreciate being able to sync with my desktop browser (which I have no problems with, it’s just mobile that is garbage). I hate the newsfeed, as does everyone else apparently. Stupid headlines, websites I’ve never heard of, and thumbnail pictures with basically naked women which is great when I need to look something up at work. Thank god I can use the vpn without using the opera browser on my phone. This is absolute garbage.
- Opera Software AS
- 70.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Opera Software AS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.