Shredder Chess for iPad
By Eiko Bleicher, Skizzix.com
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
### 50 % Off Special ###
We want to celebrate the release of our online chess platform with you (free app available), so we just lowered the price by a whopping 50 %. Enjoy, and see you online!
Shredder, the most successful chess program ever, is now also available for the iPad. You can play against Shredder, analyze with him and solve chess puzzles. It offers the usual Shredder standard on your iPad.
In addition to the outstanding playing strength of the 12 times computer chess world champion, Shredder is also able to mimic the play of a human chess player with any playing strength. He even deliberately makes typical human mistakes in those levels.
Solve 1000 built in chess puzzles. Shredder keeps track of your performance and offers advice if needed.
You can adjust Shredder’s playing strength from beginner to master level. If you like, Shredder automatically adjusts his strength to yours. He even calculates an Elo rating for you. This is how the playing strength of chess players is typically measured.
During the game a coach is watching your moves and warns you if you are about to make a mistake.
See how you are getting better and better the more games you play and the more chess puzzles you solve.
* Adjustable playing strength
* Intuitive and very easy to operate
* 1000 built in chess puzzles
* Watch your rating improve in a diagram
* Outstanding playing strength on the iPad
* Analyse your games with Shredder, find your mistakes and improve your play
* Coach shows your mistakes
* Different playing styles from passive to aggressive
* Great variety: browsable opening book with more than one million moves
* Access 1200 GB of endgame databases online
* Enter and analyze any position you like
* Load and save games (incl. names, date, etc.)
* Send games via email
* Different chess boards and pieces
* VoiceOver / Accessibility support
* Improve your play whenever and wherever you like
Save 10 USD/EUR when buying Shredder 12 or Deep Shredder 12 (Mac, Windows or Linux). You will find your coupon code in the program info section.
What's New in Version 1.7.0
Bugfix for rating screen
My Favorite Chess app for the iPad
This is my favorite Chess app for the iPad, but there is room for improvement; read on...
1) It's easy to use
2) It has a chess coach and analysis
3) It has a strength bar indicating who has the advantage and how strong that advantage is.
4) It has puzzles
1) The UI could use a little attention
A) It's starting to feel dated
B) Some of the images are fuzzy, not retina or not pixel aligned
C) The menu button is confusing as its really a Back button on a navigation controller.
D) There is no warning when doing something that will make the game unratable.
The $10 off coupon is nice but on the Mac I prefer the Hiarcs chess app as it has more features, is stronger and they seem to treat upgrades to a new version more fairly.
nothing else to say!
Once it's obvious you're going to win, it calls a stalemate and stops the game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 16, 2014
- Version: 1.7.0
- Size: 26.2 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Eiko Bleicher
- © 2010 - 2014 shredderchess.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.