By Antecea Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
•A MUST HAVE FOR THE IPAD and IPHONE!• Instantly connect to any computer from anywhere in the world!
"Behold! OSX on iPad! With Flash!" - boingboing.net
"good freedom to use a remote system at an excellent price" - Tweaktown.com
"Windows 7 on the iPad" - Gizmodo
"Five iPad apps to consider on your first day of ownership" - LA TIMES
"and just like that, flash on the ipad!" - technabob.com
Desktop Connect is a fast, full-featured desktop viewer. View and control Windows, Mac OSX (including Lion) and Linux computers as if you were sitting in front of them, or observe others as if you were watching over their shoulder.
Desktop Connect is the only universal app that will automatically discover all of your computers on your local network. We uniquely offer support for VNC and Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP).
Desktop Connect enables you to:
• View websites with Adobe Flash
• Launch and view any application on your desktop.
• Remotely control Media Players and PowerPoint Presentations.
• Access an important business document while you travel.
• Guide your office administrator as you watch the desktop remotely.
• Help your grandmother on her computer as she downloads your childhood photos.
• Optimized Performance for fast and responsive control of your computer.
• Browse easily through all computers on your network.
Easy Connect (optional software for your MAC or Windows computer)
• It can find and connect your computer anywhere in the world by simply signing into your Google Gmail Account.
• Easy Connect enables SINGLE CLICK CONNECT to your computer without any configuration.
• Extra Power: Stream videos and flash websites to your iPad or iPhone.
• Search files and applications on your computer from the iPad or iPhone
• Simple swipe gesture for multiple monitors
•• Please visit www.antecea.com to download for free from your MAC or Windows ••
•• Easy Connect Gateway ••
• Patent pending technology that enables you to view your Easy Connect computers from any Java enabled Web browser or a VNC viewer from another computer.
• Your iOS device acts like a gateway between two computers. Now you can easily connect to your computer at home from a public computer.
Privacy and Encryption:
• NLA Authentication and SSL for RDP
• MAC OSX Authentication (10.5, 10.6, 10.7)
• 128-bit encryption for all passwords.
• Restrict access to Desktop Connect with a passcode. Protect your private information from others.
• Data encryption available through SSH tunneling and VPN access.
• Shared Clipboard for your iPad and desktop allows you to copy and paste between them. (RDP only)
• Best-in-Class automatic discovery through both Apple Bonjour and Microsoft NETBIOS.
• Wake-on-LAN (WOL)
• Support for Arrow keys, Cut, Copy, Paste, Select All on external keyboard
For more information, visit www.antecea.com.
What's New in Version 6.0.3
Black Square bug fix for VNC
Needs an update
I've used this app for 4 years now and I love it. But ios8 has completely rendered it useless, I have ios 8.0.2 on my iPhone 6 and it crashed the app about 1/2-3/4 of the time I try to remote into anything. Once it finally logs into my Mac or pc and click on anything, it will open the program but the app won't refresh on the iPhone. If I close the app and re-open it I can view what I previously did.
On my iPad I have iOS version 7.1.2 and it works perfect!
Please fix this!
Essential for work
Better than the others I've tried for RDP & VNC. Now I can assist clients from the road and make sure movies are downloaded for when I get home. Frequent updates assure compatibility with latest OS. Thanks
Update: This app has not been updated in over a year and frequently crashes. I'm searching for a replacement. No reply from developer Antacea to requests for help. Worked well for a couple years anyway. Oh well. Not recommending this app any longer.
Works unreliably with Bluetooth keyboard
I just got a Zagg keyboard cover for my iPad air, and when I launch Desktop Connect and try to type using the keyboard, it sometime doesn't work. At other times it does, and I haven't figured out the reason for the inconsistency. This isn't a problem with the keyboard since it works consistently for all other iPad uses.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 28, 2014
- Version: 6.0.3
- Size: 14.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Antecea Inc.
- © Antecea Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.