Prizmo - Scanning, OCR, and Speech
By Creaceed SPRL
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Prizmo 4 for iOS is now available with improved design and workflow, alongside brand new iOS 8 features!
Prizmo is a universal photo-based scanner app that lets you scan and recognize text documents, business cards, and images, and then export them as PDF/Text, vCard, or JPEG/PNG. Prizmo relies on state-of-the-art technologies, like a highly accurate OCR, real-time page detection, and beautiful image cleanup. Using iCloud, you can even shoot the picture on your iPhone, and finish editing on your iPad or Mac. All of this in an elegant and intuitive user experience.
Prizmo is made for everyone, and is thus fully compatible with VoiceOver. It provides voice guidance to help position your iPhone when taking document pictures, and will find the text orientation automatically if it's turned left, right or upside down. Prizmo's quick capture mode provides a fast path from picture to speech synthesis for an improved workflow, and it provides a high-quality voice reader (individual voices available as in-app purchases).
** New iOS 8 Features **
• Handoff support for offering simple interactions between your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
• iOS 8 Documents support to import images and export results to any installed cloud services (including iCloud Drive)
• 1 extension available from the built-in Photos app: Crop & Cleanup
• 3 extensions (or Actions) available from other apps: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
** Specific Document Processing **
• Text Documents - Use interactive text recognition and editing, and avoid retyping the text.
• Business Cards - Extract information (first and last names, company, job title, phone numbers, email, website, address) to create contacts on the phone or share them as vCard
• Images - Capture, improve, and share any images (whiteboards, ads, paintings...)
** Key Features **
• Input Options: iPhone’s camera, import from the Photo Album, import images or PDFs from other apps
• Image processing: rotation, crop, perspective correction, image cleanup (remove uneven lighting, paper texture)...
• Improved OCR preprocessing for better recognition results
• Highly accurate OCR technology in 40+ languages
• No Internet connection required for image processing and performing OCR. No confidential data sent
• Text-to-speech available through in-app purchases: 65 high-quality voices in 20 languages for reading scanned texts
• Many export options and formats: resulting image/PDF/vCard can be sent by mail, or to any other app like Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive...
• Text translation available in 40+ languages (using Microsoft translation web service)
• iOS 8 Extensions: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
• Handoff support
• Full 64-bit support
** Requirements **
• Universal application (iPhone, iPad) requiring iOS 8 or higher.
• Any iPhone or iPad with at least a 5-MP camera (iPhone 4S and newer models, iPad 3 and newer models, iPad mini).
** More info & Feedback **
More information is available at http://www.creaceed.com/iprizmo/about
You can contact the support team at email@example.com
What's New in Version 4.1.2
- Added an "Insert Page" tool (iPad only) to the contextual menu. You access it with a long press on page thumbnail in page list. Use it to insert new pages after the selected page.
- Added the ability to export raw text to other apps.
- Minor update to the camera capture interface.
- Fixed "Process in Prizmo" and "Read in Prizmo" extensions that misbehaved since iOS 8.3.
- Fixed UI glitches appeared related to iOS 8.3.
- Fixed crashes and corrupted UI when importing images from external applications.
- Fixed incorrect error reporting could appear when using the "readText" callback url.
- Fixed a crash when disallowing photo access.
- Other crash fixes.
I have dyslexia which makes read anything hard. I have tried to find an app that will scan in a page and read it back to you. This app was the best a found. This app is great for books and magazines. It's not so good for restaurant menus. This app really only works on normal pages like what you find in a book. The reason I have this app 4 stars is because that app is expensive and only works for normal pages like in a book.
Works well, support weak
The app works very well most of the time and the OCR accuracy is high. The problem of repeated crashes when adding pages to a file seems to have been fixed. Customer support is not as good as Smile Software and I would be happy to pay more for the software to get it. I don't use the read text aloud feature often, but it does work very well. I use this app all the time for research.
Very accurate OCR
I have tried a number of OCR apps over the years. This one is at the top for accuracy. I photographed a six page scientific paper with my iPhone and reviewed it on the iPad. The results were excellent, about one error per page.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 07, 2015
- Version: 4.1.2
- Size: 55.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Creaceed SPRL
- © 2010-2015 Creaceed SPRL
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Heather - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Ryan - US English Male Voice$2.99
- Laura - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Tracy - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Rachel - UK English Female Voice$2.99
- Peter - UK English Male Voice$2.99
- Graham - UK English Male Voice$2.99
- Lucy - UK English Female Voice$2.99
- Will - US English Male Voice$2.99
- Rosa - US Spanish Female Voice$2.99