Prizmo - Scanning, OCR, and Speech
By Creaceed SPRL
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Prizmo 4 for iOS is now available with improved design and workflow, alongside brand new features!
Prizmo is a universal photo-based scanner app that lets you scan and recognize text documents, business cards, and images, and then export them as PDF/Text, vCard, or JPEG/PNG. Prizmo relies on state-of-the-art technologies, like a highly accurate OCR, real-time page detection, and beautiful image cleanup. Using iCloud, you can even shoot the picture on your iPhone, and finish editing on your iPad or Mac. All of this in an elegant and intuitive user experience.
Prizmo is made for everyone, and is thus fully compatible with VoiceOver. It provides voice guidance to help position your iPhone when taking document pictures, and will find the text orientation automatically if it's turned left, right or upside down. Prizmo's quick capture mode provides a fast path from picture to speech synthesis for an improved workflow, and it provides a high-quality voice reader (individual voices available as in-app purchases).
** New Features **
• Handoff support for offering simple interactions between your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
• Documents support to import images and export results to any installed cloud services (including iCloud Drive)
• 1 extension available from the built-in Photos app: Crop & Cleanup
• 3 extensions (or Actions) available from other apps: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
** Specific Document Processing **
• Text Documents - Use interactive text recognition and editing, and avoid retyping the text.
• Business Cards - Extract information (first and last names, company, job title, phone numbers, email, website, address) to create contacts on the phone or share them as vCard
• Images - Capture, improve, and share any images (whiteboards, ads, paintings...)
** Key Features **
• Input Options: iPhone’s camera, import from the Photo Album, import images or PDFs from other apps
• Image processing: rotation, crop, perspective correction, image cleanup (remove uneven lighting, paper texture)...
• Improved OCR preprocessing for better recognition results
• Highly accurate OCR technology in 40+ languages
• No Internet connection required for image processing and performing OCR. No confidential data sent
• Text-to-speech available through in-app purchases: 65 high-quality voices in 20 languages for reading scanned texts
• Many export options and formats: resulting image/PDF/vCard can be sent by mail, or to any other app like Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive...
• Text translation available in 40+ languages (using Microsoft translation web service)
• Extensions: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
• Handoff support
• Full 64-bit support
** Requirements **
• Universal application (iPhone, iPad) requiring iOS 8 or higher.
• Any iPhone or iPad with at least a 5-MP camera (iPhone 4S and newer models, iPad 3 and newer models, iPad mini).
** More info & Feedback **
More information is available at http://www.creaceed.com/iprizmo/about
You can contact the support team at email@example.com
What's New in Version 4.1.8
Fixed issue preventing to close the camera options panel using Voice Over.
To describe this app in one word, Garbage. The scanning is useless on anything but nearly black and white text. Even then it only recognizes about 50% of the business card fields. Inverting the image was needed to get to 50% OCR on a black and grey card with white text. What a waste of money. Only brightside is that is made me use Evernote's Scanable again to prove the Prizmo OCR is garbage. Scanable OCR'd 100% on the same cards and I learned Scanable can now add info to Contacts so I guess that is a redeeming quality of sorts.
I bought this app thinking it would be great for scanning legal documents on the go. Keyword legal meaning I need signatures. Couldn't get it to work. It takes more time than scanning, is incredibly frustrating, oh yeah and I'm out ten bucks. Deleted the app immediately.
terrrrrible. waste of money
scanner makes me rewrite most of the text.
i've been trying to scan my text book and i spent 2.5 hours just to scan a chapter ... had to fix so many errors from the OCR
I want my money back.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 13, 2016
- Version: 4.1.8
- Size: 73.5 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Creaceed SPRL
- © 2010-2015 Creaceed SPRL
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Heather - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Ryan - US English Male Voice$2.99
- Tracy - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Laura - US English Female Voice$2.99
- Rachel - UK English Female Voice$2.99
- Peter - UK English Male Voice$2.99
- Graham - UK English Male Voice$2.99
- Lucy - UK English Female Voice$2.99
- Rod - US English Male Voice$2.99
- Will - US English Male Voice$2.99