Tempo Advance - Metronome with Polyrhythms and Setlists
By Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Approved and used by Mike Mangini (Dream Theater, Drummer of the Year*), Tempo Advance is the metronome app to bring your musicianship to the next level. Now our exclusive consultant, Mike has been using Tempo Advance since its inception four years ago as a practice tool and an invaluable companion for his Rhythm Knowledge drumming system.
The new Polyrhythm Mode enables concurrent playback of two meters with different beats per measure, synced on the bar. Find out what any combination of up to 20 beats per measure sounds like.
Retaining the hyper-accurate audio engine from our bestselling Tempo, the UI on Tempo Advance has been rethought to focus on the metronome visual cues.
Auto setlist advancement, accelerando, ritardando and playback tracking makes it possible for you to program count-ins or complex songs with varying tempo, time signatures and rhythms.
Visit tempoadvance.com for demo videos.
*As voted in the 2013 Drummies! Awards held by DRUM! Magazine
• In Subdivide Mode, up to 20 beats per measure and 20 subdivisions per beat
• In Polyrhythm Mode, up to 20 beats per measure on either channel
• Adjust with gestures with delightful animations or select directly
• Configure every beat and subdivision to one of 4 states: Accent 1, Accent 2, Regular, Silent
• Choose from 15 sound sets, including Voice Count and one tuned for live drumming
• Assign any sound and vibration state (iPhone only) to each of the tick states
• Set individual volumes for each of the tick states
• Separate settings for 2nd channel in Polyrhythm Mode
• Ranges from 10 to 800 BPM
• Four ways to edit tempo: gestures, tap tempo, adjustment buttons and direct input
• Beat interval and frequency display
Tracker and Automator
• Keep track of number of measures played or time passed
• Option to stop metronome and/or reset Tracker automatically when limit reached
• Automatic adjustment of tempo by X BPM every X bars or X amount of time
• Store time signatures and rhythm patterns in unlimited preset buttons
• Drag presets to reorder them or select them for deletion
• Store tempo, meter, rhythm pattern, sound, Tracker and Automator settings in songs organized into setlists
• Full editing of saved songs
• Advanced management including search, multi-row deletion and duplication of songs to same or other setlist
• Turn on auto setlist advance for hands free operation, or program complex songs
• Loop setlist
• Share and import individual setlists via email
• Backup setlist data via iTunes File Sharing
• Mute switch
• Playback over audio from other apps, when screen is locked and when app is in background
• Separate volume control for metronome
• Pan anywhere from extreme left to extreme right
• Select from 5 default themes, or create your own
• Switch between flat and skeuomorphic styles
• Intuitive Theme Editor shows your changes in realtime
• Texturize the center panel with a variety of 25 patterns
• Share and import themes via email
• Resizeable Presets/Setlist panel
• Take control with Bluetooth foot pedals and the iPhone’s proximity sensor
• Built-in Tutorial section
• Option to flash display on first or every beat
• Reference tones for all 12 chromatic notes, calibrate from A = 414 to 466 Hz
What's New in Version 2.1
Native support for 4.7" and 5.5" screens
Best metronome out there
As a drummer this is the best and most advanced metronome on the market. It is also easy to use! You can customize any number of back beats, which makes it easy to practice polyrhythms.
You can create custom set lists, so when you are out at a gig or rehearsal, all of your programmed tempos are ready to go and easy to switch between.
Few things I would recommend: an OSX version for my computer. Rearranging songs in the set list could be easier. Also have the set lists sync between devices. This way if the battery on my iPad dies, I can easily shift to my iPhone, and not worry about making a new set list.
The best out there.
Simply the best metronome that exists. This app changed my life in 2009 or 2010 when it came out and has continued to push the bar. In addition to being amazing for everyday practice and gigging, it's by far the best app for handling large & odd groupings of numbers (any number 1-20). Most apps seem to think there is no demand for this, but there are those of us out here who need and appreciate this. It has not only the strongest features in this area, but also the best user interface. As a former student of Mike's, I couldn't live without these features in my practice. :)
You'll not need any other!
I teach drums as well as session work and this does everything I need it to. The timers are awesome! I especially like how it is not tied to notation but instead beats per bar and subdivisions. Which means learning a groove in 5/16 the trying to hear it as 10/8 is very easy to configure. Or highlighting clave or other ostinatos to practice over.
The other apps are limited to just the meter and subdivisions they have preprogrammed.
Just get it. $3 vs $130 I spent on my Dr. Beat 15 years ago is just a better buy especially since it outperforms everything out there.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 09, 2015
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 20.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- © 2011-2012 Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.