soundboard.HD - Tap your own beat.
By Nick Garcia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is soundboard.HD. This is the unique open application for tap musicians around the globe to express their inner beat.
soundboard.HD comes preloaded with an elegant UI, simplistic controls and 5 preloaded Tap Tracks. Simply pick a track and begin tapping.
soundboard.HD is loaded with two interfaces : whiteboard and blackboard.
- the whiteboard is a slate. tap anywhere.
- the blackboard is simplistic, directional. tap where you can see.
But SBHD boasts a feature like no other: User generated content.
Theres where the limits end.
** You can create and submit your own tracks to appear in soundboard.HD! **
All you need to do is this:
1. Trim 34 beats under 1 second. Name with two initials and an increasing number. (ex: lowest note is "mb34.aif", "mb stands for "my beat". Select a unique name for your track."
2. Compress the folder into a .zip
3. Email to email@example.com. The track will be reviewed, and if accepted, a conformation email will be sent and the track will be installed.
With user generated content, simplistic gory, and never ending possibilities, soundboard.HD is the one and only music composition experience on iPad.
Good...on the day it was released. MAYBE!
I made the mistake of buying this nearly a year after it had been released. Now there are so many good music-production applications that this one now looks like Windows 3.1 compared to a modern OS. Garage Band is the most impressive that I have seen yet.
Be sure to avoid this....as not a single update has ever been done from what it looks like.
Apple should remove apps that are abandoned and have become relics by comparison to newer apps....however then they wouldn't be able to brag about the incredible number of apps that are available. Ahhhhh, politics!!