By Ankitects Pty Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations that were added with LaTeX in the desktop software, and ruby text above Asian languages.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, making changes to the appearance of cards and turning on options like 'type in the answer' currently needs to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
What's New in Version 2.0.35
- AnkiMobile now requires iOS 9 or later.
- Various layout changes for iPhone X.
- Fix wrong quickbar size when showing the nav bar from a tap/swipe.
- Wrap text in review screen instead of showing scroll bar.
- When answer buttons set to small, they now have the same height as the counts on the question side.
- Fix excess spacing in settings screen on iOS 11.
- Fix images added from camera/photo library failing to appear.
- Fix pasting from Evernote.
- Drag & drop support on iOS 11.
- Fixed some problems with the graphs on iOS 11.
- Graphs now fit to the width of the screen, and show in higher resolution.
- Option to disable feedback ticks/crosses in review mode.
- Ask for confirmation when closing the add/edit screen with unsaved changes.
- Fixed a number of crashes caused by corrupt collections.
- Fixed a crash on 32 bit devices.
- Fixed a crash when adding tags via URL scheme.
- Fixed a crash triggered by tapping quickly on the last card in a review session.
- Fixed taps not working on some card templates.
- Fixed buttons on card template not working occasionally.